AutoAqua Smart Stir - Lost magnetic pill - Whoever has one can you tell me the dimensions of the magnet stir pill?

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, so I was using my smart stir for the first time (it is awesome) to mix the Hanna Phosporous vial (After adding reagant). Once I was done and measured, I accidentally dumped the vial liquid (including the magnet pill) into the drain(completely forgot to remove the magnet pill) .... oops.

Anyone who has an autoaqua smart stir, can you please tell me the measurements of the magnet stir pill ... L, W, H?

Thanks!

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, so I was using my smart stir for the first time (it is awesome) to mix the Hanna Phosporous vial (After adding reagant). Once I was done and measured, I accidentally dumped the vial liquid (including the magnet pill) into the drain(completely forgot to remove the magnet pill) .... oops.

Anyone who has an autoaqua smart stir, can you please tell me the measurements of the magnet stir pill ... L, W, H?

Thanks!
They can be purchased on the Coralvue website.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long have you been using it, does it work well? I’m interested in buying one.

OP
OP
FreakPrism

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been using it, does it work well? I’m interested in buying one.
I've been using for about a month during my weekly parameters test. I use it for my Hanna UL phosphorous tester, salifert Ca and Mg tests and Red Sea NO4 tester. Love it so far.

Just always have to remember to take out the tablet before dumping the mixed water down the drain, however. I've poured 2 tablets down the drain already due to forgetfulness : -)

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done that also. Now I clean my vials at the table where I do my tests, get a small tupperware container and a large syringe and a small bucket of RO/DI water and rinse the vials over the tupperware with the syringe. This way if you drop the magnet it will be easy to retrieve. Testing and cleaning in the same area, I love it.

OP
OP
FreakPrism

FreakPrism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done that also. Now I clean my vials at the table where I do my tests, get a small tupperware container and a large syringe and a small bucket of RO/DI water and rinse the vials over the tupperware with the syringe. This way if you drop the magnet it will be easy to retrieve. Testing and cleaning in the same area, I love it.

Cool I will try that next time. Thanks for sharing.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a screen trap for the sink.
Down here we find them in the supermarket.https://www.acitydiscount.com/Thunder-Group-Stainless-Steel-Extra-Fine-Mesh-Lining-Sink-Strainer-Large-SLSN001.0.170582.1.1.htm?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=cse_bing&ppcid=18&link=Kitchen---Housewares&msclkid=94b3598f279d1a19139938a3c840394a

Back