Automatic Frozen Fish Food Feeder Dropping Summer 2022

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Automatic Frozen Fish Food Feeder (AF4) by InD Creations is a radical aquarium device which is slowly moving further away from a concept and inching ever closer to reality. This company and its device first hit our ‘new reef tech’ radar way back in 2019 when it wasn’t much more than a food dispenser…
Source

Continue reading...

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting!! I Googled the company name and went to their website. They have a signup for newsletter emails and I did. They sent me an email right away with a link to a site to specs on the unit. It's tiny!! It would definitely fit in my cabinet. The thing I'm worried about is that it is air cooled. Couldn't be that much cooling power. If you had an ambient air heat spike the unit might not keep the food chilled. What's more it can't stay frozen but in a cold slurry.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very smart design
apply soft serve GIF

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting!! I Googled the company name and went to their website. They have a signup for newsletter emails and I did. They sent me an email right away with a link to a site to specs on the unit. It's tiny!! It would definitely fit in my cabinet. The thing I'm worried about is that it is air cooled. Couldn't be that much cooling power. If you had an ambient air heat spike the unit might not keep the food chilled. What's more it can't stay frozen but in a cold slurry.
Yes but it’s in a salt water slurry. Much lower freezing point. That’s the basis of the whole
Concept. It’s a slurry thst is technically below freezing point so it stays good longer.

KWolfe81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In June (2022), they had a +6 month delay. The latest update states:

"When do you anticipate shipping the first units to backers? Will backers that purchased the XL still be getting two units or just one unit?​

First units should be going out to backers in February 2023. "

You can read more about it here and here:

skyeshoppe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any backers of Ind Creation's AF4 on Kickstarter in this forum? I'm interested in this product but haven't seen any new updates on it's release. I remember reading somewhere that they planned to release the product to backers in February 2023. There was a production update on kickstarter on February 25th here. Unfortunately only backers have access to this update. Just wondering if anyone here was a backer and could share any information about the production updates.

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my eye on this thing for a few years. I will for sure be an early adopter. Lol.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been interested in this for a few years - I would love to have one of these and honestly hope that they deliver soon and are what they are advertised to be!

That said, I have absolutely zero faith that anything will ship in December, let alone production for non-backers ever become reality. Communication has been beyond terrible publicly though I have no idea what backers are being told in private. Great idea, but assume there are numerous production and operation issues and given the extremely slow development, maybe time, money and dedication issues. Is he building this or hiring out different aspects and struggling to get things to come together.... the vast majority of kickstarters fail before delivery, and of the few the do deliver, most fail to be a success unless they are extremely well managed, backed by real capital with real resources devoted to building a viable venture.

Back