aux port or PLM-ADIN for cabinet light reed switch

hfx987

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi All,
i want to add alarm reed switches to my doors to turn my lights on in the cabinet when i open them
I understand how to assign the socket to a digital input, and how to invert it (my reeds are normally closed), but I am confused as to where to plug it in.
Do i need a PLM-ADIN card? or can I use the AUX port on the P4.
If i can use the AUX port, can any one help me with the pinout, and the referenced flag on the controller? (Digital In?)

Thanks in advance
Sam.

P4Anschlüsse_Connections_E.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi All,
i want to add alarm reed switches to my doors to turn my lights on in the cabinet when i open them
I understand how to assign the socket to a digital input, and how to invert it (my reeds are normally closed), but I am confused as to where to plug it in.
Do i need a PLM-ADIN card? or can I use the AUX port on the P4.
If i can use the AUX port, can any one help me with the pinout, and the referenced flag on the controller? (Digital In?)

Thanks in advance
Sam.

P4Anschlüsse_Connections_E.jpg
Sam,

I'm pretty sure the easiest way for you to do this is using the breakout box.
1565011235423.png

You would use the S-Port and wire it accordingly.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks @Brew12

Is the S-Port switchable from an output to an input?

How do I do that?

Cheers,

Sam.
I believe the S-ports are all inputs. I do not believe you can use them for outputs. I've only used the controlled outlets as an output on my Profilux.

OP
H

hfx987

View Badges
Reaction score
im confused :)
i thought the s-ports were all outputs - to switch relays / old powerbars
i need an input - to sense when the state of the reed switch changes and turn on my cabinet lights plugged in to a PAB powerbar.
the port diagram mentions that there are 4 digital inputs / outputs on the aux connector, is this not available yet in software?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
im confused :)
i thought the s-ports were all outputs - to switch relays / old powerbars
i need an input - to sense when the state of the reed switch changes and turn on my cabinet lights plugged in to a PAB powerbar.
the port diagram mentions that there are 4 digital inputs / outputs on the aux connector, is this not available yet in software?
Ooops.. You are absolutely correct, the S-ports are all outputs.

I haven't used the Aux ports but I do have a switch wired into the purple connector.
1565052904920.png

It's connected to a pressure switch in my skimmate locker to shut off my skimmer when the container is full. It wasn't the easiest thing to set up by any means.

OP
H

hfx987

View Badges
Reaction score
all good :)
thanks @Brew12
i was avoiding using the level inputs - i want to keep them free for flow sensors when i order them (and im using 2 already for my ATO container top off).
i guess i can use a level input until i either order a PLM-ADIN card, or find out the timeline on usability of the AUX port
is anyone at GHL able to comment? :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
all good :)
thanks @Brew12
i was avoiding using the level inputs - i want to keep them free for flow sensors when i order them (and im using 2 already for my ATO container top off).
i guess i can use a level input until i either order a PLM-ADIN card, or find out the timeline on usability of the AUX port
is anyone at GHL able to comment? :)
Now I am very curious... Hopefully they will be back from vacation and active again in the near future.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Using switches to turn on cabinet lighting is documented here:

OP
H

hfx987

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks @[email protected]
Im mainly wondering if I have to buy the PL-ADIN card - or can I use the AUX port on the P4 that says it has 4 digital / analog inputs / outputs already there.
It seems its not available in the firmware, and if thats the case, do you know if it is on the timeline for inclusion?
Cheers,
Sam

How often do have to clean your aquarium glass?

• Every Day

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • A few Days a Week

Votes: 132 30.0%
  • A Couple Days a Week

Votes: 141 32.0%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 105 23.9%
  • Every 10 or so Days

Votes: 23 5.2%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 18 4.1%