aux port or PLM-ADIN for cabinet light reed switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hfx987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
i want to add alarm reed switches to my doors to turn my lights on in the cabinet when i open them
I understand how to assign the socket to a digital input, and how to invert it (my reeds are normally closed), but I am confused as to where to plug it in.
Do i need a PLM-ADIN card? or can I use the AUX port on the P4.
If i can use the AUX port, can any one help me with the pinout, and the referenced flag on the controller? (Digital In?)

Thanks in advance
Sam.

P4Anschlüsse_Connections_E.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
i want to add alarm reed switches to my doors to turn my lights on in the cabinet when i open them
I understand how to assign the socket to a digital input, and how to invert it (my reeds are normally closed), but I am confused as to where to plug it in.
Do i need a PLM-ADIN card? or can I use the AUX port on the P4.
If i can use the AUX port, can any one help me with the pinout, and the referenced flag on the controller? (Digital In?)

Thanks in advance
Sam.

P4Anschlüsse_Connections_E.jpg
Sam,

I'm pretty sure the easiest way for you to do this is using the breakout box.
1565011235423.png

You would use the S-Port and wire it accordingly.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Brew12

Is the S-Port switchable from an output to an input?

How do I do that?

Cheers,

Sam.
I believe the S-ports are all inputs. I do not believe you can use them for outputs. I've only used the controlled outlets as an output on my Profilux.

OP
OP
H

hfx987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im confused :)
i thought the s-ports were all outputs - to switch relays / old powerbars
i need an input - to sense when the state of the reed switch changes and turn on my cabinet lights plugged in to a PAB powerbar.
the port diagram mentions that there are 4 digital inputs / outputs on the aux connector, is this not available yet in software?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im confused :)
i thought the s-ports were all outputs - to switch relays / old powerbars
i need an input - to sense when the state of the reed switch changes and turn on my cabinet lights plugged in to a PAB powerbar.
the port diagram mentions that there are 4 digital inputs / outputs on the aux connector, is this not available yet in software?
Ooops.. You are absolutely correct, the S-ports are all outputs.

I haven't used the Aux ports but I do have a switch wired into the purple connector.
1565052904920.png

It's connected to a pressure switch in my skimmate locker to shut off my skimmer when the container is full. It wasn't the easiest thing to set up by any means.

OP
OP
H

hfx987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all good :)
thanks @Brew12
i was avoiding using the level inputs - i want to keep them free for flow sensors when i order them (and im using 2 already for my ATO container top off).
i guess i can use a level input until i either order a PLM-ADIN card, or find out the timeline on usability of the AUX port
is anyone at GHL able to comment? :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all good :)
thanks @Brew12
i was avoiding using the level inputs - i want to keep them free for flow sensors when i order them (and im using 2 already for my ATO container top off).
i guess i can use a level input until i either order a PLM-ADIN card, or find out the timeline on usability of the AUX port
is anyone at GHL able to comment? :)
Now I am very curious... Hopefully they will be back from vacation and active again in the near future.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using switches to turn on cabinet lighting is documented here:

OP
OP
H

hfx987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Vinny@GHLUSA
Im mainly wondering if I have to buy the PL-ADIN card - or can I use the AUX port on the P4 that says it has 4 digital / analog inputs / outputs already there.
It seems its not available in the firmware, and if thats the case, do you know if it is on the timeline for inclusion?
Cheers,
Sam

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to revive an old thread, but any word on what the aux port does. I’d really like to add some buttons and switches and don’t have room for the adin card. Theoretically aux can do this. The p4 page lists aux as 4 digital and analog inputs but the manual just lists it cryptically as “for devices with an aux port”. Connect shows 16 digital inputs. Can any of those be triggered by an input into the aux port? If so, does anyone know the pinout.

thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back