AV99's custom 600g Reef Savvy on site build-Lots of pictures

robertjules1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up next: Installing all the electrical components necessary to power a large reef project! Special thanks goes out to my good friend and master electrician, Doug Richards, for this part of the project. Doug spent many weekends in my basement installing all the electrical work for my reef grow out system and for my dream tank pictured below. We still have more projects for Doug to complete in the future, including adding a standby whole house generator to keep our power on during an outage.

All the electrical for my basement reef project uses weather resistant receptacles, installed in the ceiling and away from splashing water, with numerous 20 amp circuits added, and a sub panel to power the big tank exclusively.

I’m a little late to the party lol! Is that toggle a kill switch? Phenomenal build thread btw I like my build threads like my Netflix shows, all there and bingeable…

robertjules1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All work and no play is not what this build thread is all about. Today, I treated my Reef Savvy (Felix Bordon) and Sticks N Stones (Chris Benner) friends to a trip to the Newport Aquarium!!!

Downtown Cincinnati

Chris Benner and Felix Bordon above the shark tank at Newport Aquarium.

Shark tank!

And a few more pictures from our visit to Cincinnati and the Newport Aquarium.

I’ve only spoken with Chris over the phone when building my stand. Somehow he looks just like I pictured him

Back