OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Justin. The addiction never stops with my stick collection. ;)
And u keep adding to ur already impressive coral list

You got that right, Daniel. :)
Just a little something lol!

Congrats on your new addition as well. The mother colony is very stunning indeed.
I picked one up too. Can't wait for grow out. That mother colony is stunning!

I will post some updated pictures from my grow-out soon. However, I may need to replace my underwater camera first.
Would love to see some more pics of the grow out system and all those amazing sticks hiding in there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my thread. It is my pleasure sharing my small piece of the reef with you.
Shouldn't have stayed up so late reading your thread... But I couldn't hello myself. Excited to see what comes next.

Like most high end SPS frags I obtain direct from the source, it arrived browned out. The frag is in QT now recovering from the shipment and the first round of Bayer dip. It could take a long time (ie, months or even years) to color up. Most new release SPS corals are straight from the ocean (ie, wild colonies) which can be challenging to acclimate to captivity.
What does it look like lit up???!!!

Thank you! Nice catching up with you last weekend at INDMAS as well.
That's a nice piece you picked up, it caught my eye as well. Good luck growing it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up Next 400 pounds of Premium XL Pukani Rock is on its way!

One of the changes I made was switching to premium Pukani uncured reef rock for my 600g dream tank. I really like the size and structure of Pukani rock and since it is uncured, I do not have to treat the rock for nuisance algae or pests either. My goal after curing the Pukani rock is to mix it with some of my mature, pest free Fiji rock from my grow-out system, which is filled with many types of sponges & beneficial bacteria as well.

Special thanks goes out to Brandon @ Premium Aquatics who cherry-picked some of the largest Pukani rock in stock for my project. 400 pounds total to be exact! More pictures of the rock to follow when it arrives.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A special thanks goes out to my friends @Premium Aquatics who always exceed my expectations! Not only did Brandon cherry pick over 400 pounds of XL Pukani rock for my new project, but he also personally delivered the rock to my house on Saturday (from Indianapolis, IN to Dayton, OH) and helped me unload it too. Talk about amazing service!

Pukani rock arrives!!! Personally delivered by Brandon @Premium Aquatics! The XL rock is amazing too.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back