OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
**Update** Perhaps the single most important piece of equipment for long-term stability of a large reef system, in my opinion, to be installed soon. It looks like I will be doing some landscape work this weekend (ie, removal of boxwood shrubs) before my electrician returns to complete this phase of my build thread for the direct benefit of my new reef project. Up next will be the installation of the whole house [natural gas] generator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for reminding me, Brad. I will cut a nice frag of the JF Fox Flame acro for you soon my friend!

Tim, I can't wait to see your beast get wet, looks like its getting close now.

Your frags are nicely encrusted and ready to go, we will have to meet up soon brother.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, I can't wait to see your beast get wet, looks like its getting close now.

Your frags are nicely encrusted and ready to go, we will have to meet up soon brother.

Brad! I didn't know you were here! We (tim and i) need to get you posting here more lol!

I can't wait to see this thing get wet Tim! Things are getting serious haha

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, George! Things about to get real serious soon my friend. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I can't wait to see this thing get wet Tim! Things are getting serious haha

Yes indeed, a whole house generator is a nice insurance policy to have for your reef. Unfortunately, power outages are too common in my area.
Nice! Trying to pull together the dough for one also. Would be so nice to know power will never be the cause of a crash.

Thank you for the nice words, Carlos Danger. Glad to share my journey with you.
Very nice build! Its going to be a dandy!!

Good to hear from you again and thank you for the amazing compliment.
AV, great build, totally impressive. You told me about this tank at a recent frag swap, love the tank build and love the frags!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the compliment and yes indeed, I am getting closer to adding rock and water to the tank. I have been cooking over 400 pounds of large Pukani rock in complete darkness for the past few months.

That is awesome. Your getting closer and closer to water in that bad boy

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey what going on man everything alright haven't heard from ya in awhile.

So here is the back story on why I have not updated this thread in a while. For those who know me well, know that keeping SPS long-term (ie, years) and leaving for vacation takes a lot of planning and work to make sure everything survives without me for up to two weeks at a time.

And this year is no different as I just returned from an amazing 10 day beachfront island vacation. I already miss the amazing views from the past two weeks at Lido Key. When I recover from my beach blues, I will post more coral and build update pictures, no worries.

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the back story on why I have not updated this thread in a while. For those who know me well, know that keeping SPS long-term (ie, years) and leaving for vacation takes a lot of planning and work to make sure everything survives without me for up to two weeks at a time.

And this year is no different as I just returned from an amazing 10 day beachfront island vacation. I already miss the amazing views from the past two weeks at Lido Key. When I recover from my beach blues, I will post more coral and build update pictures, no worries.

Looks like you had a wonderful trip Tim!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back