OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Justin. The Homewrecker is a keeper for sure.

Yes indeed, Ed. I will get it to grow more upright when the 600g is ready for SPS. Right now, the HW gets blasted by flow in one direction only.

Looks like it was grown under a good water flow pattern too.:)

Appreciate the compliment and thank you!

Looking awesome. Hopefully my next purchase from you!

I hear you, Braves Fan. I am going to be very selective on which SPS corals make it to the large system ... goal is to grow them out large in the big tank. ;)

Dang ,,,, :) I know this is a big tank,,, but are you sure its big enough to house all of those corals in all those holding tanks ,,,,

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Looking forward to a return visit soon by my friends at Reef Savvy!!! We have booked the flight, rental car and hotel accommodations for Felix's return trip to Ohio from Miami, Florida. Next up will be the installation of armored seams for my 600g custom built dream tank. This is an add on feature I really want that was not available when the tank was built on site. Felix will be arriving the second week of November. Should be a great time. The first picture below is my good friend Jason (Porky) hanging out with Felix at MACNA 2016 in San Diego. More pictures to follow!

I was on the phone with Felix a few months back, and he was telling me about his client in Ohio who really wanted to have the armored seams. I was already sold anyway but now catching up on this thread I can't help but appreciate what it means to do business with Reef Savvy, This is a great build and I'm looking forward to getting to the most current post.

Jeff Heinle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of placement did you put the inner core in? Any updated pics?

I added another new frag for the grow-out system today. Reef Raft Inner Core! The first two pictures of the mother colony are from HTA. Thank you, High Tide Aquatics!

Reef Raft Inner Core

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are really good people. I just spoke with Felix right before he left for the Dominican Republic over Thanksgiving break. Those armored seams were additions for me after the tank was built and I am so glad I added them too.

I was on the phone with Felix a few months back, and he was telling me about his client in Ohio who really wanted to have the armored seams. I was already sold anyway but now catching up on this thread I can't help but appreciate what it means to do business with Reef Savvy, This is a great build and I'm looking forward to getting to the most current post.

It may still be to early to tell what the sweet spot is on the RR Inner Core, but I have mine near, but not directly under, a 400 watt 14k Ushio light fixture and it seems to be doing well so far.

What type of placement did you put the inner core in? Any updated pics?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I purchased more Pukani Rock than needed but can't wait to update this thread soon ;)
That is easy to do. The rock is so light, I don't think the old rule of thumb (roughly a pound of rock per gallon of water) really applies with it. I was planning to go with a minimalist 'scape on mine, but think I have too much rock for what I intended also. The good thing is that you can be a little more selective about what rock makes the final cut and used in the display. Looking forward to this one going live. Your tank has to be one of Felix's best!

Back