AV99's custom 600g Reef Savvy on site build-Lots of pictures

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone dared to ask what a system like this might cost??

I think it's one of those "if you have to ask how much..." kinda deals. I bet he is over 40k just in hard goods, not including peripherals like a generator (hope he has one), or electrical/climate control additions to the house. Then you have to stock and maintain the system. I imagine you could probably own a new ZR1 corvette for this system costs. I'd rather have the tank BTW (maybe...new ones are suppose to have over 750 HP)....LOL

Powder_Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm speechless but I still need to say something....Amazing Tim, just amazing. I'm glad you are taking your time with this. Gladly losing hours of my life reading and re-reading this thread. Thanks for taking the time to document such an impressive system and for your passion to share with all of us.

Powder_Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's one of those "if you have to ask how much..." kinda deals. I bet he is over 40k just in hard goods, not including peripherals like a generator (hope he has one), or electrical/climate control additions to the house. Then you have to stock and maintain the system. I imagine you could probably own a new ZR1 corvette for this system costs. I'd rather have the tank BTW (maybe...new ones are suppose to have over 750 HP)....LOL

Prob more like a an AMG GT-R!!!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not much to update, George. The Pukani Rock is taking a little longer than expected to cycle but making progress .

Felix recently sent me some new custom weirs per my request, in duplicate, for the glass overflows as well.

image.png
image.png
image.png

Anything new going on Tim?

You are just as bad as I've been with updates on our build threads lol

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update, George. The Pukani Rock is taking a little longer than expected to cycle but making progress .

Felix recently sent me some new custom weirs per my request, in duplicate, for the glass overflows as well.

image.png
image.png
image.png

These things always take forever lol.

I look forward to chatting and hanging out at lear!

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great pleasure and inspiration to read this thread. I appreciate the attention to detail in every area and I learned many new things as it's so well documented. Can't imagine how many watts the entire set up takes 6-8k i'd guess, well as much as a small village here:)

I've certainly never seen such an amazing collection of SPS, must be top 10 WW for sure !

Keep up the amazing work and keep inspiring us.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much for the amazing compliments! It is my absolute pleasure sharing my journey with you too. @Ridgeway

It was a great pleasure and inspiration to read this thread. I appreciate the attention to detail in every area and I learned many new things as it's so well documented. Can't imagine how many watts the entire set up takes 6-8k i'd guess, well as much as a small village here:)

I've certainly never seen such an amazing collection of SPS, must be top 10 WW for sure !

Keep up the amazing work and keep inspiring us.

Glad to share my journey with you, Shawn! I sincerely appreciate the very kinds words as well. The end goal is to create an amazing large scale SPS garden. Still stuck in the cycling rock phase at the moment. @Powder_Blue

I'm speechless but I still need to say something....Amazing Tim, just amazing. I'm glad you are taking your time with this. Gladly losing hours of my life reading and re-reading this thread. Thanks for taking the time to document such an impressive system and for your passion to share with all of us.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You and me, both Daniel! I was hoping to get the tank wet my Christmas too!

The man the myth the legend! I’ve never wanted water in a tank more and it’s not even my tank lol!

So looking forward to catching up with you soon, George!

These things always take forever lol.
I look forward to chatting and hanging out at lear!

Likewise, Ed! I am looking forward to catching up with you soon, too!
Great you are the reason I drive up there too it. [emoji3]

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much for the compliment!!! @dbraun15

Beautiful, every step of the way...not much of a stick fan, but how can you not be with the amazing collection you have! Looking forward to further updates and getting water in this thing!!

Here are a few more new arrivals that I am excited about. ;)

Matt V Rainbow Envy

MattVRainbowEnvycomp.jpg

WWC AfterParty

WWCAfterpartycompres.jpg

ASD Rainbow Millepora

ASDrainbowMilleporac.jpg

MARS Rainbow Millepora

MARSrainbowMilliepor.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear you, Abhishek! I am still trying to get the OG Purple Monster back that I lost years ago too.

Tim,

Watching this build come to life is like getting a phD man !!!! You are testing my patience more than OG purple monster frag would !
Get it up ASAP !!!

Just kidding :D

Regards,
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim ,

I must have missed but you still planning on only ushio 14k 400 watts over the 600 gallon and no other supplemental lighting ?
You are probably the only one who still runs only 14k halides in my limited knowledge !

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going with Reef Brite Hybrid MH/LED lighting for the big tank. The primary light source will be the 6(six) 400 watt 14k Ushio metal halide lights but supplemented with blue Reef Brite LEDs too.

Tim ,

I must have missed but you still planning on only ushio 14k 400 watts over the 600 gallon and no other supplemental lighting ?
You are probably the only one who still runs only 14k halides in my limited knowledge !

Regards,
Abhishek

AAreefbrite11.jpg

Aushio21.jpg

Aballast23.jpg

Back