OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few updates! Chris Benner of Sticks N Stones Aquarium Cabinetry recently built me a matching low boy stand for my large sump and it matches the existing trim for the big tank as well. Very pleased!

Amazing.... In for updates.

Jason

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for checking in, Mike! @red02 Before I left for vacation, I moved a lot of live rock over to the new system and mapped out exactly how I am going to finish the plumbing. After filling up the big tank for a water test, I quickly realized my existing dehumidifier could no longer keep up with the added humidity in the basement so I added a second unit as well.

The new unit is basically a larger version of my existing dehumidifier. The plan going forward will be to run both units simultaneously for humidity control.

Any updates on the tank.

My existing unit (Santa Fe Advance 2)

Meet its larger twin, my newest arrival (Santa Fe Force)

Lots of Schedule 80 PVC pipe arrived as well

And finally, I took a long break again (vacation)

Last edited:

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking in, Mike! @red02 Before I left for vacation, I moved a lot of live rock over to the new system and mapped out exactly how I am going to finish the plumbing. After filling up the big tank for a water test, I quickly realized my existing dehumidifier could no longer keep up with the added humidity in the basement so I added a second unit as well.

The new unit is basically a larger version of my existing dehumidifier. The plan going forward will be to run both units simultaneously for humidity control.

My existing unit (Santa Fe Advance 2)

Meet its larger twin, my newest arrival (Santa Fe Force)

Lots of Schedule 80 PVC pipe arrived as well

And finally, I took a long break again (vacation)

Thank God you weren’t affected by the red tide or the Cyanobacteria. We are really suffering over here...

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I monitored the red tide and glad I didn't cancel my vacation as the beaches and fishing in the area were just fine during our stay. Beaches to the South were hit hard though.

Thank God you weren’t affected by the red tide or the Cyanobacteria. We are really suffering over here...

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm stoked that I just stumbled across this thread! It feels sort of like I cheated after seeing how far back this goes and how long everyone has waited to get to this point :) super excited to follow along with this amazing build

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will do my friend. Updates coming soon!
Okay, Okay, enjoy your vacation, but after you get back no more relaxation until the tank is fully operational;) LOL

Glad you found my build thread and welcome. The best is yet to come. Stay tuned. :)

Well I'm stoked that I just stumbled across this thread! It feels sort of like I cheated after seeing how far back this goes and how long everyone has waited to get to this point :) super excited to follow along with this amazing build

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lido Key barrier island which is located off the coast of Sarasota, Florida. Gulf of Mexico is on one side and Sarasota Bay on the other.

That's where I'm from! Were you there for the offshore boat races? I live in Tampa now but rent a condo on Lido (Limetree) for that week each year to watch the races.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will post more updates when I return from New Orleans :)

Any updates?

Unfortunately, we just missed the boat races this year. First weekend in July if I recall.

That's where I'm from! Were you there for the offshore boat races? I live in Tampa now but rent a condo on Lido (Limetree) for that week each year to watch the races.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry buddy, I have been very busy. All is well. The big tank is almost ready for fish. Looking forward to having more room to grow out all my new additions as well.

Hope your doing well Tim, haven't had any updates for awhile

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back