OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy New Year, Andy! I was in your neck of the woods for the Holidays. Here are a few pictures of my grow-out system as requested. It is completely separate from my display system by design. Looking forward to seeing updates on your build too.

IMG_0862_zpsoaxtq5ez.jpg

IMG_0855_zps8oag8itk.jpg
IMG_0853_zpscceyzkkr.jpg
IMG_0856_zpskcurye48.jpg
IMG_0854_zpsgqquzqor.jpg

Aquavista99,

I would love to see a pic of your grow out system. It doesn't have to be of any high quality. I'm not judging corals or anything - of course yours look ridiculously amazing based on what I've seen. The growout/frag is the final element I am considering putting in-line and am curious: 1) is yours separate or plumbed in-line? 2) size/setup? 3) If separate are you replicating the same conditions lighting/flow/placement/etc. that you have in the DT? Always curious when you have such vivid, high-end corals in a grow out how do you insure environment replication?

Cheers,
Andy

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Corey and Tyler! Always glad to share a piece of my reef with other hobbyists and hope those frags thrive in your systems too. Happy New Year!

Tim buddy!!
My new pack from you is coming along nicely.

Tim is known for some great pieces and his setup is awesome. I’ll be getting some more soon but I just picked up some from him at our local swap
Surf-n-turf
Danicks smurf goldin
Cali tort
AV99 orange crush
Miyago tort
Sky parade
RMF last dragon
Jared’s acid trip
AV99 blue monster
Reef hero Canada blue demon
Mystic sunset
And tyree sandollar

Super excited about the pieces.
Thanks again man

Corey

picked up another pack too

rr garden of eden
rr pink caddy
rmf last dragon
red dragon
ora hawkins
raging bull

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for the delayed reply, Reefer40b! Hope you and your family had a great Holiday season as well. We spent the Holidays on Longboat Key just off the coast of Sarasota, Florida. Perfect weather too. Happy New Year!

IMG_0290_zpserwzxmxk.jpg
IMG_0280_zpswiywmwrc.jpg
IMG_0311_zpssvdpnlzl.jpg
IMG_0395_zpsrc9krbfp.jpg
IMG_0675_zpsw6jawb4b.jpg
IMG_0586_zpshyna53cn.jpg

Just got to stay, that this is amazing and it was great seeing this come together! Oh and Merry Christmas, I hope you continue to have great success with all those SPS!

afartindolphin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your growout setup is amazing. I got 3 frags from you at the Indmas swap last year, was very new to the hobby and hadn't been on the forums. Reading through this thread explains why all the pieces you had looked amazing and not from being under actinic/heavy blues like many of the people there did.

You must have sensed I was a newbie as you told me to "make sure to keep them alive". Glad to say I did, Turquoise Stag on the bottom, Blue Demon(I think, can't remember) center on the rack, and numerous frags of Pacman hiding to the left. Hope you're coming up again this year I'll need some fillers once my new build is finished!
IMG_0200.jpg

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so much for the amazing feedback! Glad to make a good first impression with the next generation of SPS hobbyists. This is what it is all about! Your corals look stunning too. Keep up the amazing work and hope to see you in March.

Wow your growout setup is amazing. I got 3 frags from you at the Indmas swap last year, was very new to the hobby and hadn't been on the forums. Reading through this thread explains why all the pieces you had looked amazing and not from being under actinic/heavy blues like many of the people there did.

You must have sensed I was a newbie as you told me to "make sure to keep them alive". Glad to say I did, Turquoise Stag on the bottom, Blue Demon(I think, can't remember) center on the rack, and numerous frags of Pacman hiding to the left. Hope you're coming up again this year I'll need some fillers once my new build is finished!
IMG_0200.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year, Andy! I was in your neck of the woods for the Holidays. Here are a few pictures of my grow-out system as requested. It is completely separate from my display system by design. Looking forward to seeing updates on your build too.

IMG_0862_zpsoaxtq5ez.jpg

IMG_0855_zps8oag8itk.jpg
IMG_0853_zpscceyzkkr.jpg
IMG_0856_zpskcurye48.jpg
IMG_0854_zpsgqquzqor.jpg
Wow that's a sweet setup! I'm curious what brand tanks are those?

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
***Update on 600g Display tank***

The Pukani rock is fully cycled now. Up next is plumbing the 600g Reef Savvy external overflow to the 250g sump. This round of pictures is a dry run for me (ie, PVC not glued/cemented yet and I will add Unistrut bracing for all external overflow PVC pipes as well). I am using all schedule 80 PVC plumbing and parts. The Unistrut framed wall (bolted to the concrete floor) is black powder coated as well.

I plan to add a flat screen TV to the front panel when complete. Easy access to every part of this large system is the goal for me from inception.

IMG_8005_zpsxfbc1mwn.jpg
IMG_8003_zps099jch7m.jpg
IMG_8004_zpsjxraxzh7.jpg
IMG_7983_zpsegkkq0av.jpg
IMG_7988_zpsqbctzarg.jpg
IMG_7992_zpstem06gjm.jpg
IMG_7981_zpssybgvjz9.jpg

IMG_8008_zpsyamtxjoi.jpg
IMG_7978_zpsakablrpy.jpg

IMG_7073_zpsnr0i8vhq.jpg
IMG_7077_zpsjimklwqu.jpg

IMG_7164_zpswbztdkf0.jpg

IMG_0906_zpsupbgn5sy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been a few years in the works and the natives are restless!

Take it slow man. Don’t rush it.

It would have been set up sooner if I didn't take your advice and discard the original dry rock selected for this project. ;)

...wait, you mean you're actually going to set it up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not regularly test for nitrates or phosphates and overfeed my fish too. Have had good success with running oversized skimmers and doing weekly water changes.

Tim - do you ever measure your nitrates and phsophates ? Other than skimmer, what else do you plan to use for filtration ?

Regards,
Abhishek

compressedskimmer1azz5index_zpshsrut5ck.jpg

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm not the only one here who would put so much time, effort, and money into a reef tank that I would need a vacation after doing so...………….. IF, of course, I had the wallet to match the dream.

Joking aside, one....thanks for taking us all on your ride. It took me a couple of days to get through the thread, but, man, what a system.
two...…………………...quit being lazy and cheap and take more pics.

;)

One of the more enjoyable and informative threads I've read on this great site. Sometimes, making threads is as much work as putting tanks together. I appreciate your efforts on both ends.

tagging along from freezing jersey.

-cap

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Snowed in this weekend with frigid temperatures. Decided to take a break from plumbing and snap a few updated pictures from my grow-out system. ;)

AV99's Blue Monster

P1200024_zpshj2v3qsh.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Jaw Dropper

P1200030_zpsamamqbfj.jpg

Matt V Rainbow Envy

P1200015_zpsdwducmjp.jpg

Diabolic Pacman

P1200004_zps4z9uabcr.jpg

Sexy Corals Orange Passion

P1200107_zpshnwoz42t.jpg

Sanjay's Rainbow Max Granulosa

P1200051_zps4wqwux4t.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Pink Cadillac

P1200065_zps6b0bufxw.jpg

Reef Raft Limitless

P1200101_zpstu4wd2vm.jpg

Walt Disney
(Still coloring up)

P1200022_zps3cy5ef4r.jpg

AV99's Pulp Friction

P1200105_zpsx1fjwqau.jpg

Last edited:

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Tim ! Love it when someone shows daylight pics at least to me . Looks so real reef like ...

I know you have a few of Jared’s gems . When you have time , could you show how Jared’s oracle and lucky charm doing ? And whatever else you have from Jared .

Regards ,
Abhishek

Back