OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad you appreciate the daylight coral pictures. ;) I still think I may have the Oracle but lost Jared's Bubble Yum.

Amazing Tim ! Love it when someone shows daylight pics at least to me . Looks so real reef like ...

I know you have a few of Jared’s gems . When you have time , could you show how Jared’s oracle and lucky charm doing ? And whatever else you have from Jared .

Regards ,
Abhishek

You got it my friend. Glad your reef is doing well!:)

Looks like I need another pack from ya Timo

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you appreciate the daylight coral pictures. ;) I still think I may have the Oracle but lost Jared's Bubble Yum.

Well if you happen to find the oracle amongst all your amazing gems , do post a pic .
Sad about the bubbleyum .

I would take your daylight pics any day over blue spectrum man ! It just looks so real to me .
I hope you keep using the 14k Ushios !

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing compliment and thank you for taking the time to go through 40 plus pages of my journey. Stay-tuned, more updates to follow! :)

I know I'm not the only one here who would put so much time, effort, and money into a reef tank that I would need a vacation after doing so...………….. IF, of course, I had the wallet to match the dream.

Joking aside, one....thanks for taking us all on your ride. It took me a couple of days to get through the thread, but, man, what a system.
two...…………………...quit being lazy and cheap and take more pics.

;)

One of the more enjoyable and informative threads I've read on this great site. Sometimes, making threads is as much work as putting tanks together. I appreciate your efforts on both ends.

tagging along from freezing jersey.

-cap

Last edited:

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the pictures now look like the corals were photographed in Windex water. ;)

I've seen tanks with 8 bulb T5's that have 7 Blue+ bulbs in person... That's a pretty accurate representation of what it actually looks like lol!

I love the blues too -- But even on my new fangled radion I have the whites/green/red much higher than the average person. Brings out colors that pure blue doesn't!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will do and yes, I am still running Ushio 14K halides on my grow-out system. Reef Brite Hybrid Halide/LED combo for my display tank.

Well if you happen to find the oracle amongst all your amazing gems , do post a pic .
Sad about the bubbleyum .

I would take your daylight pics any day over blue spectrum man ! It just looks so real to me .
I hope you keep using the 14k Ushios !

Regards,
Abhishek

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, originally was going to use Marco Rock but switched to Pukani a while back.

Maybe I missed it, but did you say scrapped all your rock and got new stuff?!

Hope to make it to Indy this year. Maybe visit the famous St. Elmo Steak House if time permits :) Congrats on your new setup. Looks very nice, Ross!

Tim, I love talking to you at the local swaps every year. Will you be making it to Indy? I wana get a few things for my new setup!
Ross

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still waiting for the WELD-ON PVC primer and glue to arrive. Decided to use four Spears Schedule 80 Gate Valves on my returns instead of two. With four valves, it will look clean and allow me to hold more water in the display tank if I need to shut it down for maintenance, etc. Nothing glued yet, just a dry run.

IMG_10901_zpseygbbzxg.jpg

IMG_1089_zpsetlu69yb.jpg

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to catching up with you soon as well!

Looking good Tim......I have way to much to catch up to.

Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate it.

This is quite the impressive build. I love the attention to detail.

I plan to spend a lot of time on the big tank build over Spring Break. Stay tuned!
Can’t wait for this, more pics please.

Thank you so very much for reading all 42 pages. Nice to see you at LEAR as well!

Just read through all 42 pages lol.
Amazing dream build.
Picked up some frags from you this weekend at LEAR. I see why they look so good now. Excited to see some updates on the tank!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back