Rating - 0%
0   0   0
395dc2e480832c72376ce26cfaa38a8b.0.png

reefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed you at cincyreef swap tim wasn't the same without you. H as d a huge turnout this year though. Got my tank back in order gonna have to get some sticks from you again.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Enjoying your build thread, I was looking for more of your colony pictures and stumbled on it. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing you at LEAR.

The Escaped Ape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just finished reading the whole thing. I think you've taken the "hobbyist" out of "passionate hobbyist reefer" and replaced it with "expert professional". The level of care going into this is breathtaking.

Plus, though it's taking forever to get the main tank running, yours must be unique for a build thread in having such gorgeous eye candy scattered throughout - your SPS collection is astonishing.

I know I'll never have a tank like this, so very grateful you're sharing the whole journey - thank you!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree with everything you stated, mwilk19! Snorkel Bob's commercial footprint is everywhere on the Hawaiian Islands ...12 locations total spread across Maui, Oahu, Big Island and Kauai. I bet all the sunscreen from his snorkel customers is not good for the reefs either. Hawaii's new reef safe sunscreen law goes into effect in 2021.
The fish ban is just for the Big Island if I recall.

1568179346801.png

1568179399122.png
Wow. This brings back memories. I grew up next to a Snorkel Bobs on Oahu. Totally forgot about that place. Amazing build thread. Hopefully it all comes together.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry I missed you this year and thanks for the nice words.

Missed you at cincyreef swap tim wasn't the same without you. H as d a huge turnout this year though. Got my tank back in order gonna have to get some sticks from you again.

Thank you and glad to have you onboard.
Looking awesome! Looking forward to continued progress!

Thank you, Peter!

I just wrap my head around what this whole set up looks like :)

Glad you found my build thread Joe and looking forward to catching up with you in a few weeks at LEAR.

Enjoying your build thread, I was looking for more of your colony pictures and stumbled on it. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing you at LEAR.

Thank you, Scott. It would not be Hawaii without Snorkel Bob :rolleyes:.

Wow. This brings back memories. I grew up next to a Snorkel Bobs on Oahu. Totally forgot about that place. Amazing build thread. Hopefully it all comes together.

I appreciate the kind words and compliments (emphasis added)!

Wow, just finished reading the whole thing. I think you've taken the "hobbyist" out of "passionate hobbyist reefer" and replaced it with "expert professional". The level of care going into this is breathtaking.

Plus, though it's taking forever to get the main tank running, yours must be unique for a build thread in having such gorgeous eye candy scattered throughout - your SPS collection is astonishing.

I know I'll never have a tank like this, so very grateful you're sharing the whole journey - thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to read through my entire build thread. The best is yet to come my friend. Stay tuned.

Just spent a couple days reading this thread. Incredible work and the attention to detail is amazing. I can't wait to see this mature!

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, George! Tony will not believe me, but I am really getting close to making this project completely operational.

Tim everything looks fantastic! I bet you are getting anxious to get the tank going haha. It's getting close

My new grow light for my sump arrived today. Thank you! @premiumaquatics
A shipment of Chaetomorpha (Cheato) macro algae will arrive soon. Just need to finish up my return plumbing first.

1580958913895.png

1580958941417.png

1580958979997.png

1580959014572.png

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My sump was built by George Weber (GEO). 72" X 30" and holds around 250 gallons of water. It was the last big project George completed before he sold his acrylic fabrication business (geosreef) and moved to Florida.

Looking hot Tim !!! Could you tell me dimensions of your sump and who made it ?

Last edited:

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim you’re gonna love that light for your cheato. Joe run it on his sump and the stuff grows like crazy!
let me know when you’re ready for an extra set of hands!

corey

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some recent top down pics from my grow-out system

Jason Fox Jolt

Reef Raft The Vinh

AV99 Confetti Jr

BC Frankenberry

That's dope, bro!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back