Avast Marine September Photo of the Month Contest: WIN a DSLR Camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
avast photo contest.jpg

The AVAST MARINE Photo Contest!

OK, so I know it is a little late for the contest to be starting. However, it is for a good reason. The September Photo of the Month Contest is MUCH BIGGER this month. Avast has graciously increased the prize for this month's contest!! Avast has donated a whole kit put together with a slightly used Nikon D40 dslr, memory card, camera bag, remote control, UV filter and some other goodies (a porthole of course) that should make this a retail value $500 prize!!!

The Rules:
Since the prize is much bigger than normal, the rules are changed for this month. Failure to adhere to the rules will disqualify you from this month's contest.
  1. Take a pic of anything in your aquarium OR reef related pic that is high quality and your official entry
  2. Take a verification pic. To do this, you will have to write your username, the code word: [HASHTAG]#avastrocks[/HASHTAG] and the date on a piece of paper. You will have to take a second pic of the subject of your entry photo with the piece of paper in view. The piece of paper must be legible and the photo subject must be in clear view. Do not worry about trying to "duplicate" your entry photo in the verification pic - the spirit of this rule is simply to verify your entry photo is your photo. So long as the subject of your entry photo is somewhere visible in the verification photo, you're good!
  3. Like the Avast Facebook page
  4. Multiple entries will be disqualified
  5. Entries that do not have the proper verification pic will be disqualified
  6. The photo must be taken by you
  7. You must have an avatar uploaded when you post your entry
The contest will run until 11:59 PM EST on October 9, 2015. Any pics submitted after the deadline will be disqualified. Winner will be determined by Reef2Reef Member voting by poll which will be up after the submission period. In case of a tie, the Mod Team will assist in picking a winner. Rules, deadlines and terms are subject to change at staff discretion at anytime.

The Prize:
The winner will receive a gently used Nikon D40 dslr, memory card, camera bag, remote control, UV filter and some other goodies (a porthole of course) that should make this a retail value $500 prize!!! The winner will also receive a POTM Winner Logo and a year's free premium membership. Of course, this month's winner will also receive a porthole from Avast Marine. The winner will choose one of the following portholes: Check out all the Porthole options here.
cameras.jpg

A huge thank you goes out to AVAST MARINE for sponsoring the Photo of the Month Contest!!!

Last edited:

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Entry Aussie Lobo.JPG
conformation  corrected.JPG
My Entry Aussie Lobo.JPG

My Entry is Above (Aussie Lobo) My Confirmation Pic Only is Below (Aussie Lobo)
ARRGGG ME MATEY-PIC Me IF You Know What's good fur Yah !!!!!
confirmation pic of Aussie Lobo.JPG

POSTING CORRECTION FOR CONFIRMATION PHOTO IN #29 ENTRY FOR SCARDALL (spelling error only) (SEE #29 FOR ENTRY PHOTO)

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry:
20807566123_9acd5ec97d_k.jpg

Verification Photo:
21240564640_b3c42e461b_c.jpg

Photo Information/Process
Camera: Nikon D3300
Lenses: Tamron 1:1 Macro lense & Stock lens
Lighting: ATI 8x29W Fixture and (2) 24" Reefbrite XHO LED Fixtures
I used a process called photo stacking for my entry photo. I took 10 images at 10 focal points then stacked them together which gave me complete image sharpness. You can see that I did not alter any color using saturation or vibrance in the image below You can also see the original photos I stacked.
20807562503_4b38b81482_o.png

Last edited:

Scubasteve813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I knew how to flip my pictures right side up, but I don't. This is a great macro shot of my Hollywood stunner taken with my Samsung Galaxy S6. No filters, no editing, no nonsense.

Attachments

• 1442365225834.jpg
    1442365225834.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 1442365245944.jpg
    1442365245944.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 235
Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back