Avid reefer, new to the forum!

Djasak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!
My name is Derek, I go by D or Big D for short. Im 26, engaged, going to night school to get my electricians license and we have a 4 year old son who loves helping with the tanks! Ive had both large and small systems but due to being a renter I've downgraded to a 29 cube for a number of reasons. I love reading about new ideas and methods in the hobby and I'm always chasing a picture-perfect reef, but due to the financial strains that raising a little one puts on you, the reef does go without things that most people(including myself) would call fundamental to keeping a healthy reef. But I'm doing the best I can with what I have and I make small upgrades when and where it's right for us. I'm always open to suggestions I understand that keeping a reef is an ongoing learning process and I think that is what keeps me going in this hobby. There's always something to learn about and I love sharing information and ideas for the greater good of the hobby! :)
20191026_131841.jpg

20191026_131841.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for the introduction - we're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sound like you are living my life many years ago. I had babies, was going back to school, and I had to cut back on my tank/lifestyle. It is worth it and five years from now, your family will be in a different situation. I admire folks who sacrifice for their families. You are a good man. Your son is at my favorite age for youngsters. They are so funny. Welcome!
Clownfish.gif

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back