AVOID CARIBBEAN BLUE AQUATICS IN BAYSHORE!! READ long islanders!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds like the store would qualify to be a future Petco

Reeferzero1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow Reefers. I’ve been going to Caribbean blue since they opened. I have for corals and fish from them never had a problem. I also purchased most of my core reef tank set up, castle lights heaters salts and chemicals. Mostly I have dealt with Tony and Ria I never caught an attitude from them they were very respectful and helped me in any possible way. The funny thing today one of the kessil a360we lights that I bought from them five years ago stopped working I need to replace it today took me all about a half an hour that’s including replacing the light and driving to the store and back, I have nothing but good things to say about that store.

DucatiGtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow Reefers. I’ve been going to Caribbean blue since they opened. I have for corals and fish from them never had a problem. I also purchased most of my core reef tank set up, castle lights heaters salts and chemicals. Mostly I have dealt with Tony and Ria I never caught an attitude from them they were very respectful and helped me in any possible way. The funny thing today one of the kessil a360we lights that I bought from them five years ago stopped working I need to replace it today took me all about a half an hour that’s including replacing the light and driving to the store and back, I have nothing but good things to say about that store.
I don’t get how anyone can defend any pet store.. you are taking a chance at each one.. fish and coral all need to be quarantined.. I have seen diseases from each major store on Long Island for the last 20 years.. I have also got monti eating nudi from this store, and other things from others.. you need to qt all.

AJDnykr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been back to this store recently? I first went there about a month ago and was impressed with their selection, price and apparent quality of their corals. I am wondering if their has been a change.

I bought some frogspawn, hammers, mushrooms, sea squirts, 4 gobies and a cleaner shrimp. Except for one gobie crushed in an accidental rock collapse (my bad), and for the shrimp being attacked by my Possum Wrasse (my ignorance), all are thriving. Of course, all corals get dipped in CoralRx before entering my tank (I don't quarantine fish because I don't have time to maintain a second tank for that, but I do acclimate them with a slow drip).

I have to say that the woman who helped me seemed very knowledgable, and being a Monday, voluntarily extended the 40% discount they had run that weekend on my entire purchase. Perhaps someone has taken the complaints to heart?
I do... about a year... clean.. health.. nice staff... manager is a lady... helped me... they cut farms ans sell for $5 awesome for beginners

RiftRaftReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropical island in deer park is my go to shop it family owned great staff extremely underrated and great selection of livestock especially coral but I think he’s bumping up his fish stock pretty soon can’t wait to see it I’m there like once a week

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the store would qualify to be a future Petco
I've been there a few times. The tanks seem to be way overstocked in the fish area, but there is a lot of equipment there and some reptiles. There were atleast 70 baby ocelaris in what looks to be a 20-high. (maybe overstocked not unsure.) and in the freshwater section, there was 15 huge orandas in one tank, 10000% barely had anyroom to swim w/o invading another fish's "personal bubble."

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back