AWC programmimg question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me if I am on the right track with this programming idea? I am trying to do AWC using 2 PMUPs while using a third to do ATO. I have the ATO always on triggered by a top sensor we'll call ATOFLT. I have a top failsafe optical called OPT2 and a bottom AWC drain sensor called OPT1.

So what I have done is set up a virtual outlet called VIRTAWC to come on twice a day for a small water change, maybe a gallon between the two of them. I have set the ATOPMUP to turn off during those times.

I am setting the AWCDRAIN PMUP to come on when the VIRTAWC outlet comes on, I want it to drain ideally until it gits the OPT1 OPEN state and then activate the AWCFILL PMUP until I am back up to ATOFLT.

I am struggling with this part so I was thinking instead I would have the AWCDRAIN PMUP come on for a defined period of time and then have the AWCFILL PMUP pump in newly mixed salt water until ATOFLT is OPEN.

Is this the best way to do this? Or can anyone think of a way to do what I was thinking I would do first, with using the drain PMUP until the OPT1 is out of water? Thanks in a advance

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it as simple as having the VIRTAWC outlet come on at 7 to 710, disabling the ATO for that same period of time, having the AWCDRAIN PMUP then come on at 7 and go off when the OPT1 is exposed and then have the AWCFILL Pmup come at at , say 705 and fill the fresh salt until the ATOFLT is in OPEN state?

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like that would work, no? It seems to work on first try, not sure i have thought of every failsafe but if any thoughts occur as to why this wouldnt work , I would appreciate hearing them!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back