Awc ro tubing 1/4” prefilters?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is still chugging along with master flex pump running since 2013 or so. I just replace the RO lines every 5 years or so.

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have had no issues since you recommended it... there is a little build up on the screen, but all good!, These are great!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues since you recommended it... there is a little build up on the screen, but all good!, These are great!
I ended up switching the input to the filter to a half inch push fitting hose because the quarter inch line was getting plugged up with small snail shells since that I’m having no issues yet. Good to know yours is working flawlessly:)

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I ended up switching the input to the filter to a half inch push fitting hose because the quarter inch line was getting plugged up with small snail shells since that I’m having no issues yet. Good to know yours is working flawlessly:)
Ah, that is a good idea, I will do this the first time it clogs, or maybe I should do it now :) haha , (before the flood)

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am planning start AWC with my DOS. I was wondering if anyone has noticed clogging if the output line is after a matt roller? Thanks

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning start AWC with my DOS. I was wondering if anyone has noticed clogging if the output line is after a matt roller? Thanks
Yes, that’s what this whole conversation is about. You can’t stop those small little snail shells from getting past your roller filter. Let me point out those small little snail shells are my filter rollers worst nightmare on top of it along with giving your auto water change system a problem.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back