Awesome Radion Shades from Chemisfun11

Dupe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it's okay to start another thread about light shades. Part of this is about my recommitment to the hobby. It's good to be thinking reef again :)

I need to start by apologizing about how my aquarium looks. I’m a long time reefer and with my recent retirement I will have the pleasure of bring this world back to life. But I need to overcome my embarrassment to show how great these shades are and how tremendous it was working with Lee on design. We settled on 4 sided shades that are 5 inches high and have a subtle flair. I just love them.

My 150G display is 5ft x 2ft x 2ft with 3 Radion G5 Pros. I have always hated the glare from my lights whether I was closely viewing the aquarium or in an adjacent room. The blinding glare is tuned way down in my photos because of automatic exposure but you know what it's like.

Front glare.jpg
Corner glare.jpg

I constructed a wooden aquarium “crown” to block line of sight but dislike how this looks and its awkward taking it on and off.

Crown.jpg

I now can very enjoyably read in my living room next to my tank. Over the holidays it was much more pleasant for family to check out aquarium. I’m really happy about this.

Front Shade.jpg
Corner shade.jpg

Big improvement when watching tv:

Watching TV glare.jpg
Watching TV shade.jpg

If you’re interested in a getting a shade made, check in with Lee. You’ll be very happy. Let me know if you have any questions about mine. I also hope to get some better photos.

Happy New Year!

Rich

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back