AZ FRAG Dec Meeting, 12/7 @ 3PM: Holiday Party & Board Election

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join us for our December meeting, our annual holiday event!

This meeting we'll be hosted by the Broken Yolk in Mesa. We will have our annual secret santa (coral exchange), conduct our board elections, and have our best raffle of the year! There will also be a coral auction at the end, if anyone lists items for such.

AZ FRAG Secret Santa
We will have the Secret Santa again. If you would like to play please bring a nice frag (no gag frags like Anthelia, Xenia , GSP, Blue Cloves, Aiptasia) for the game. Please label your cup with the coral name/description only! You do not need to wrap your frag. Put the frag in a small container or styro cup. Then give it to us so we can put it in a bag and set up at the front. When we are ready, everyone participating will draw a number and lowest number picks first. When you choose, you can pick an unopened frag off the table or steal someone’s frag. We will do our best to announce what each container holds as it's picked and opened off the table. It's up to you to remember who picked what if you wish to steal. Each frag may be stolen up to three times. After an item is stolen three times, it can no longer be stolen and remains with that person. You are also not permitted to steal back an item which was just stolen from you; you may steal it back however if you've had another item in the interim. Whoever goes first has the option to take an additional turn after the person with the highest number has taken their turn.

AZ FRAG Board Member Election
This will be our seventh annual election for the board of AZ FRAG. There will be five positions to be voted upon. The two of the current officers are running again. We could really use any help we can get, so if you have a little free time next year and want to help with the club nominate yourself or if you would like to nominate someone else please do so in this thread below. Both @CasaReefer (Scott) and @Roy Arena mentioned to me last meeting they would be willing, so I will let them decide for which position they would like to nominate themselves.

The 2020 AZ FRAG nominees (so far) are:
President - Hunter “evolved” - Default (Post & host the meetings)
Vice President - Scott "CasaReefer" (Takes place of president in absence)
Treasurer - Roy Arena (Needs to handle and keep track of our expenses and income)
Secretary - OPEN (Organizes receipts, tracks board meetings, basically help keep us organized)
Corresponding Secretary - Jason "Frick" (Contacts vendors and speakers for club raffles and presentations)

This year's raffle items include:
Grand Prize
: Titan Aquatic 86g Frag Tank - 48"x24.5"x17" w/ 18" trapezoidal overflow
Reef Dynamics INS135 Skimmer
And more!

For the coral auction, please be a member in good standing prior to 2:30PM. Your bidder numbers are assigned when you register; email me if you need a reminder of your bidder number ([email protected]).

This meeting DOES require club dues. Sign up here if you have not registered for 2019, please email us: [email protected]

2034 E Southern Ave
Mesa, AZ 85204

When:
Dec 7th 3:00pm to 5:00pm

SELLERS……Please list your Bidder number and up to 15 corals for the auction with the starting bid. Pictures are encouraged. You have until the Thursday night (Nov 14th) before the auction at 9pm to list. Please have your corals available for the 2:30 viewing.

There might be some PROP frags available; they'll be listed below if we have any.

Please NO posting a reserved spot. If you have your list and are waiting on pictures that is fine. Please also try not to add or change any items if possible. This is very helpful for us when putting the auction program together.

We look forward to another great meeting!

Last edited:

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACK, that’s the day of the Phoenix Coral show.. seriously.. bad timing.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but that starts at 10AM if I'm not mistaken. Our raffle prizes will be better than theirs. :p

On a serious note, the Coral Farmer's Markets (CFMs) are organized by Steve Tyree. We're not associated with it.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argggg... I have a booth at the CFM so can't make it. I really wish I could. I hope to be able to make the January meeting.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My name is Scott. I go by CasaReefer on R2R. I have only been reefing 6 months. I joined the group about 4 months ago and have really enjoyed every meeting I have been to so far. I think that Hunter and Jason do a great job planning the meetings for all of us and making it informative. I have met some great people and have learned a lot from the presentations. After having conversations with both Hunter and Jason it seemed to me that they could use some help. So I have either offered or just jumped into help. I have belonged to several organizations in the past and having people volunteer their time or effort is always a challenge. My personal belief is that if I am getting something of value from the group like new friendships, knowledge, new experiences then I need to give back. Some areas that I would like to champion would be increasing membership, lfs relationships maybe discounts for club members or participation in monthly meetings, in store promotion of AZ FRAG. Club SWAG like shirts and hats. Help to secure a viable centrally located meeting spot. So with that being said I would like to nominate myself for Hunters VP... Thanks for your time

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See you then! I missed the last meeting so I'm anxious for this one. Does the SS gift have to be a frag?
EDIT: URGH! I work that weekend. Have fun everyone.
Tonya

Last edited:
OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the SS gift have to be a frag?
Still a good question though; sorry you can't make it.
We do tend to stick to frags, but we usually bring a couple extra frags for anyone who really wants to participate but doesn't have anything to frag.
Or, if there's anyone who like to bring an extra frag for the same reasons, we would certainly welcome it!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raffle prizes will include:

Grand Prize: Titan Aquatic 86g Frag Tank - 48"x24.5"x17" w/ 18" trapezoidal overflow
Reef Dynamics INS135 Skimmer
And more!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad everyone had a good time -- I wish I was there to play. On the other hand, I've been looking, but I can't seem to find the 2020 meeting dates. I just need to know for Jan and Feb -- I rotate weekends for work and need to get my home calendar up-to-date. Between work and teenagers, life is busy. :)

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad everyone had a good time -- I wish I was there to play. On the other hand, I've been looking, but I can't seem to find the 2020 meeting dates. I just need to know for Jan and Feb -- I rotate weekends for work and need to get my home calendar up-to-date. Between work and teenagers, life is busy. :)
I think Febs is the 15th not sure about January

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have a thread/dates up this week, but Jan 11th and Feb 15th.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back