AZ FRAG Holiday Party & Board Election December 15th

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everyone is excited, because it's that time of year when we are having our big AZ FRAG Holiday Party!!

When:
Saturday, December 15, 2018 from 3:00pm until 5:00pm

Where:
The Broken Yolk Cafe
2034 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204

AZ FRAG Board Member Election
This will be our sixth annual election for the board of AZ FRAG. There will be five positions to be voted upon. Only two of the current officers are running again, Evolved and I. I will be stepping down from President and going to go for the Corresponding Secretary position this year. If no one else runs for President than Evolved said he would take it. We could really use any help we can get, so if you have a little free time next year and want to help with the club nominate yourself or if you would like to nominate someone else please do so in this thread below.

The 2015 AZ FRAG nominees (so far) are:
President - Hunter “evolved” - Default (Post & host the meetings)
Vice President - Hunter “evolved” (Takes place of president in absence)
Treasurer - OPEN (Needs to handle and keep track of our expenses and income)
Secretary - OPEN (Organizes receipts, tracks board meetings, basically help keep us organized)
Corresponding Secretary - Jason "Frick" (Contacts vendors and speakers for club raffles and presentations)

What will happen at the Holiday Party?
3:00 p.m. - We will start by announcing any club business and the nominees for the election and hand out ballots if there are two or more people running for a position. The nominees will be given a few minutes to get up and campaign for their position (if they wish, or if we have anyone to run against them). Next, we'll ask everyone to fill out their ballot and turn them in. You will have until 4:00 p.m. to place your completed ballot in the box.

3:30-4:00 p.m. - We will have the Secret Santa again. If you would like to play please bring a nice FRAG (no gag frags like Anthelia, Xenia , GSP, Blue Cloves, Aiptasia) for the game. Please label your cup with the coral name/description! You do not need to wrap your frag. Put the frag in a small container or styro cup. Then give it to me so I can put it in a bag and set up at the front. When we are ready, everyone participating will draw a number and lowest number picks and so on. When you choose, you can pick an unopened frag off the table or steal someone’s frag. We will do our best to announce what each container holds as it's picked and opened off the table. It's up to you to remember who picked what if you wish to steal. Each frag may be stolen up to three times. After an item is stolen three times, it can no longer be stolen and remains with that person. You are also not permitted to steal back an item which was just stolen from you; you may steal it back however if you've had another item interim. Whoever goes first has the option to take an additional turn after the person with the highest number has taken their turn.

4:15-4:20 p.m. - Ballots will be tallied and the 2018 winners will then be announced. (If there are any positions with two or more people running in them)

4:20-5:00 p.m. - As we did last year we plan to have some great raffles again. As always, AZ FRAG raffle tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5, and each registered member receives one free raffle ticket.

This year's raffle items include:
Secret Sea Books
Nano Skimmers
Reef Dynamics Skimmers
28 gallon Nano tank & stand
Plus more!

There will be many chances to win something!

If you would like to sell or trade at this meeting please use this thread to post what you have with prices and preferably pictures.

Happy Holidays from AZ FRAG. We hope to see you all there.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have anyone planning to be in the Secret Santa?

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got some last minute raffle donations. Reef Stew will be donating a pair of clownfish you can pick out at his clownfish farm, this includes a pair of bullet hole platinum snowflake clowns.

We also have three frag racks, three acclimation boxes, and two new Eheim thermocontrol heaters.

Mael

Bridgeburner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone who came, sorry i was late but had a good time and already using my new frag rack.

Back