A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!

Do you have the rocks in the arch epoxied together or are they just sitting together with good old fashioned gravity?
Thanks, the arc on the left has the pillars all mortared together with emarco 400 and the top piece sits in notches I made. They hold together nicley.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came to checkout the build , things are looking awesome really diggin the rockscape so far . The bare bottom is whole different animal right . Frag On Sir !

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my BRS CO2 scrubber 1 week ago. It’s connected to the skimmer in a recirculating style. The PH is now a low of 8.05 and a high of 8.4. Also two weeks ago I got my Ice Cap 150 Kalk stirrer up and running while adding about 1120ml of Kalk solution Per day.

Over the last month, It’s wild, on some SPS in my tank I can actually see daily growth. Knock wood but things are really doing good.

gratuitous Ipad photo, the white at the base of the coral is fresh super glue. I knocked it loose two days ago when cleaning.

Last edited:

wackyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my CO2 scrubber 1 week ago. It’s connected to the skimmer in a recirculating style. The PH is now a low of 8.05 and a high of 8.4. Also two weeks ago I got my Kalk stirrer up and running while adding about 1120ml of Kalk solution Per day.

Over the last month, It’s wild, on some SPS in my tank I can actually see daily growth. Knock wood but things are really doing good.
Great stuff. Sounds like you have a good grip on your PH now. And it's great when you have that feeling that everything is dialed in! :cool:

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mh PH was ranging as low as 7.6 and only going as high as 8.1 and that was with the house opened up. With summer coming the house will get closed up and lower ph will be a big issue. You see I’m in the Phoenix area and 100-110+ days mean the house sealed up.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you use an aerator / bubbler to help off-gas some of the CO2?
Normally a skimmer does most of the oxygenation for most reef systems. It’s really a big bubbler. Adding the CO2 scrubber boosts the PH to a more coral friendly growing level.

I’m in a smaller home with 4 mouth breathers and we all generate allot of CO2.

I ran a bubbler once to see if it would do much, but it only helped about 1/10th. The CO2 scrubber helps about 5/10ths Increase in PH.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you went back to the original vortech covers... Is there no need for the other ones any more?
No, I have the defusers installed. Just the way the video camera reacts to the sharp light. I brightened things up to video it. Still end up a little disco ballish

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great and love the livestock. Is that a yellow eye kole tang?
Yes, I have three tangs in there. Tomni, Kole and Purple. Took a little while for them to get along. I had to use the mirror trick for a few weeks. They have all been together now for 5ish months

Darins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent made it through 3 pages of your thread yet, but i just wanted to thank you for taking the time to do all of this!
I have a 625 on the way and tons of questions even though ive been researching for the better part of 4 months. I think by the time i get through your thread, most of those questions will be answered!

Since im loading a cart up with the build now.... did you ever find that 4 mp40's were overkill? Do you think 2 is enough for the short-medium term?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back