OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really seems crazy to me that that light and dare I say flimsy stand can hold all the weight of a 625 XXL tank. I'm notorious at overbuilding items so when I see something that is engineered to handle so much weight it really blows my mind.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Guys from Kona Reef where out to the house this morning. The tank is on the stand.:)

Leveled, floor panels and sump installed.

All overflow pipes installed. They need to be tightened till they CLICK. It takes a bit of strength and grip to get them there. A little water soluble lube on the O’Rings helps allot.

Vivid Creative Aquatics VCA return line upgrade installed.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Guys from Kona Reef where out to the house this morning. The tank is on the stand.:)

Leveled, floor panels and sump installed.

All overflow pipes installed. They need to be tightened till they CLICK. It takes a bit of strength and grip to get them there. A little water soluble lube on the O’Rings helps allot.

Vivid Creative Aquatics VCA return line upgrade installed.

Looking good!

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my QT up and cycling. The big tank is all plumbed per Red Sea. But I am having trouble with my rock. So the entire thing is on hold till I get my Marco Rock problem solved.

ReefAtlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my. This is showing parts of my stand I have not seen in two years and bringing back memories of tank moving day. It is very heavy.

Even though the hinges are "stainless", you can keep them corrosion free by carefully painting on some boeshield T9 once a quarter or maybe twice a year.

https://smile.amazon.com/Boeshield-...9&qid=1561577165&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I leave the sump doors open for a few hours after putting the T9 on the hinges.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being familiar with Red Sea tanks, do they recommend checking the cam locks on a scheduled basis?
... Whoops missed your question entirely.. Nope no need to check the cam locks any place in the instructions. BUT, I missed two of them and discovered it later. Still went in fine though.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though the hinges are "stainless", you can keep them corrosion free by carefully painting on some boeshield T9 once a quarter or maybe twice a year.
I leave the sump doors open for a few hours after putting the T9 on the hinges.

Cool, good call, I use bone shield on my woodworking surfaces to protect them.. I just happen to have some in the garage cabinet! Thanks

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an update. Yes, I am missing one Radion.. Pockets are a bit shallow at the moment need a couple weeks to recover.
No water yet, I have a big delivery of goodies coming today. My ATO, Rock cement, pipe and fittings.. so more to come soon.

That's my QT tank on the left cycling. Today it started to clear up from a terrible Haze.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back