Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:
1. The feather duster crawled into the filter and died.
2. The brittle starfish randomly died.
3. Everything else is doing great.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, everything is still doing fine and happy. Got my cuc from Reef Cleaners.
  1. The reticulated brittle star that I got immediately died once introduced into the tank. No idea why.
  2. The other brittle star I got had a leg eaten by the porcelain crab. So much for the 'warning: none' on the Reef Cleaner's website. The star is still alive though, luckily.
  3. The same blue legged hermit that ate the red legged hermit before is now also eating healthy snails. I have now moved all my hermits to the sump. Also moved the porcelain to the sump.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I guess a benefit of adding the hermit crabs to the sump is that they completely cleaned algae that were covering my chaeto lol. And yes, this is my ‘fuge’.

Attachments

• 475A53A1-4572-4DF8-8F18-8D2446256AB1.jpeg
    475A53A1-4572-4DF8-8F18-8D2446256AB1.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot and side shot.

Unfortunately the anemones decided to settle at the back lol.

Corals are doing well except for one that got smooshed by a snail, and another that a hermit crab kicked into the anemones.

Slightly concerned there is not enough algae for the cuc.

Attachments

• FAF024F7-CEAF-460A-86EC-364E56D81C69.jpeg
    FAF024F7-CEAF-460A-86EC-364E56D81C69.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 8265C934-C3AB-4762-A96D-BDFE565C06D0.jpeg
    8265C934-C3AB-4762-A96D-BDFE565C06D0.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 58

Livebait44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L up the tank today, unfortunately found the lid does not sit flush... or even come close. =.=
The net was installed in the lid? I got the plastic lid the net seperate ,gasket and a installation tool, diy
Setting up the tank today, unfortunately found the lid does not sit flush... or even come close. =.=

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The net was installed in the lid? I got the plastic lid the net seperate ,gasket and a installation tool, diy
When did you order? I for some reason got mine pre-made. I wonder if it is a new thing, or maybe it is because I ordered the net alongside the tank itself.

Livebait44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you order? I for some reason got mine pre-made. I wonder if it is a new thing, or maybe it is because I ordered the net alongside the tank itself.
I ordered the tank and lid at the same time, I bought the 22 fiji cube aio as a gift back in late Oct the lids where not available , when I order the 10 fiji cube aio, they where so bought the cover , I was surprised when I had piece of screen and a roller screw tool lol , took about 30 mins to get it in super tight grove, still looks better then the home depot window screen kit

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the tank and lid at the same time, I bought the 22 fiji cube aio as a gift back in late Oct the lids where not available , when I order the 10 fiji cube aio, they where so bought the cover , I was surprised when I had piece of screen and a roller screw tool lol , took about 30 mins to get it in super tight grove, still looks better then the home depot window screen kit
I see. In a sense lucky you coz yeah you got it super tight. :p I kinda wished I got to do it myself too lol, coz yeah nah mine was not done well.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except for the hermit crab(s) in the sump that is probably having plenty of algae to eat, unfortunately the crabs elsewhere had starved and died.

Although maybe it is lucky, because before they died they were starting to pick at my corals. :( After attempting to go for the snails. So er. Yeah. Moral of the story, maybe wait for more algae before actually getting cuc. >_>

Still not massively concerned about the snails. Yet.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update: I did shut down this tank and converted it to a cichlid grow out tank. XD I like cichlids more than marine fish it turns out, so... yeah. XD

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
While corals are really great, and marine fish colors and vibrancy generally > freshwater fish, I can't help but admit cichlid personality > any marine fish I have ever seen or kept. XD Soooooo. T_T, but also, :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back