Azzy's LifeGard 2.65 Cultivated Reef's Mandarin Orange Clove Pico Aquarium

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210425_165147.jpg

This thread is for my pico aquarium, which I will be setting up a a single coral species-only tank. I want to experiment with it a little bit, have just a single type of biomedia minimalistically in the display, and have corals around it which hopefully will eventually cover everything.

The aquarium is a Lifegard 2.65 gallon Betta tank: http://www.lifegardaquatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/R460053.jpg

Unfortunately the only heater I could get had to be fitted outside the 'sump', but anyways eh, gotta take it in stride.

So far was so good the first few days. Mixed salt, dosed ammonia, added Microbacter7, water was clear. One afternoon I turned off the pump to add more Microbacter7 to let it more likely to fall all over the biomedia, then tuened on the pump about 2 hours later. Next day it was super cloudy, looks like a bacterial bloom and... has been that way since. It also messed up my ammonia readings, which always seemed to show 1ppm, even if I dosed more ammonia. Checking with stock solutions, the ammonia test itself did not seem like the problem. So yeah. Anyways the bloom persisted. I am on holidays so unplugged everything, wondering what I'll come back to in a week's time welp haha.

Setup
Lifegard 2.65 Betta Aquarium
AquaIllumination AI Prime 16HD Reef + AquaIllumination 12" Prime Flex Arm
ViaAqua 50 Watt Quartz Heater
MarinePure Gems (1 pack) - 72 in display
Live rock (1 small piece)

Live Stock
Cultivated Reef's Mandarin Orange Clove Polyps
hey Azzy. I have the Lifegard 3.8 and found this heater on Amazon. 50W, skinny, short, adjustable, and fits perfectly in the back chamber. I've only had it in use for a week, but so far so, so good. I have it set at 78 F and it never goes above 79 or below 76.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random note, in case evaporation becomes too annoying, anyone know where I can get a custom lid for a super small tank?
Try thekrakenreef.com. I believe they have lids for the Lifegard betta tanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back