Baby Black Storm Clowns growing up fast!

Absolutely Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had some recent (and continued) success with a few of our black storm pairs here at our aqua culture facility! Many of our customers in store find the baby clowns ( ~ 3/4”) highly attractive for their small reef tanks. We plan on offering our baby storms soon in-store, as well as larger sizes on our e-tail site.

059454DC-039C-4DE9-8B3F-47B1AC31A353.jpeg

This tank ranges from 2-3 months old. The parents (one female storm/one male black ocellaris) produces mixed offspring.

My question to all of you is this- Would you be interested in seeing the baby storms listed online? While we find many people in our local market love them, we have had some feedback in the past indicating that generally prefer purchasing larger clownfish.

Let us know how you feel about “nano” or baby clowns in your tanks!

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had some recent (and continued) success with a few of our black storm pairs here at our aqua culture facility! Many of our customers in store find the baby clowns ( ~ 3/4”) highly attractive for their small reef tanks. We plan on offering our baby storms soon in-store, as well as larger sizes on our e-tail site.

This tank ranges from 2-3 months old. The parents (one female storm/one male black ocellaris) produces mixed offspring.

My question to all of you is this- Would you be interested in seeing the baby storms listed online? While we find many people in our local market love them, we have had some feedback in the past indicating that generally prefer purchasing larger clownfish.

Baby clowns are adorable, and after having them in my reef I have to say yes!
The video doesn’t work for me (Dang iPhone) however after raiding my juvenile black photon to adult I’d love to see if there’s any colour change with black storms too!

OP
OP
Absolutely Fish

Absolutely Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby clowns are adorable, and after having them in my reef I have to say yes!
The video doesn’t work for me (Dang iPhone) however after raiding my juvenile black photon to adult I’d love to see if there’s any colour change with black storms too!
Snuck a picture in there for ya! Not sure what’s going on with the video…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snuck a picture in there for ya! Not sure what’s going on with the video…
They do go through a similar change to black photons!
The black is a brownish colour as juveniles and as they age it goes to this beautiful deep black!
If you’ve never seen a juvenile black photon you could easily confuse them for the caramels haha.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my local market almost all clowns come in between .75 and 1.25 inches. They are tiny, but win a lot of people over. Especially when they are in sales tanks in pairs.

I bought a 1 inch clown recently and I was a little bit concerned about it getting enough/the right food, but we're a month in and it's doing great.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my local market almost all clowns come in between .75 and 1.25 inches. They are tiny, but win a lot of people over. Especially when they are in sales tanks in pairs.

I bought a 1 inch clown recently and I was a little bit concerned about it getting enough/the right food, but we're a month in and it's doing great.
Clowns essentially eat anything IME. I have found .5 inch specimens and they ate right off the bat (Obviously I didn’t sell them until I knew they ate everything we fed - The other guys who would work with me in the LFS didn’t always follow through with this though).

bxclent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

059454DC-039C-4DE9-8B3F-47B1AC31A353.jpeg

Cuteness overload !

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back