Baby Dory's new home

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have done an amazing job!Everything looks awesome!! I’ve been mia myself. Dad fractured his hip and I’m the closest sibling, so had to head south to help out. He’s finally home and so am I! Playing catch up. My tank has been a bit neglected. I hope your family situation is better. I can’t wait to see baby Dory in her new home!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have done an amazing job!Everything looks awesome!! I’ve been mia myself. Dad fractured his hip and I’m the closest sibling, so had to head south to help out. He’s finally home and so am I! Playing catch up. My tank has been a bit neglected. I hope your family situation is better. I can’t wait to see baby Dory in her new home!
Thank you very much! I'm sorry to hear about your dad but it's great he's back home. I still have some more things to work through with my family issue but things are going ok so far, unfortunately my tank has been a little neglected as well and I lost a couple acros. I'll need to keep a closer eye on my alkalinity than I have been. Baby Dory is still doing well but I did discover a strain of ich survived hypo. I talked to Humblefish and I've decided to treat her now using ttm for the ich, I have some black mollies acclimating to salt water so I can qt them with her and in the new tank to be sure we are completly disease free after the ttm. Baby Dory has been a trooper going through treatment after treatment for over four months now, I can't wait until she can finally get into her new home!

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much! I'm sorry to hear about your dad but it's great he's back home. I still have some more things to work through with my family issue but things are going ok so far, unfortunately my tank has been a little neglected as well and I lost a couple acros. I'll need to keep a closer eye on my alkalinity than I have been. Baby Dory is still doing well but I did discover a strain of ich survived hypo. I talked to Humblefish and I've decided to treat her now using ttm for the ich, I have some black mollies acclimating to salt water so I can qt them with her and in the new tank to be sure we are completly disease free after the ttm. Baby Dory has been a trooper going through treatment after treatment for over four months now, I can't wait until she can finally get into her new home!
Is that Baby Dory in your profile picture. I like it.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got caught up. Looking good, doing well.

Hope your family issue resolve soon. And don’t spread yourself too thin. Anything comes up let us know how to help, if possible.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got caught up. Looking good, doing well.

Hope your family issue resolve soon. And don’t spread yourself too thin. Anything comes up let us know how to help, if possible.
Thank you very much, I do have quite a bit going on but I'm slowly getting it worked out. I haven't started the ttm yet because I want to make sure that I have the time to dedicate to doing it right. Baby Dory is still doing well and, for right now, I'm controlling the ich with a uv sterilizer in her qt. I'll keep everyone updated the best I can for right now. I appreciate the support, I should be back on track soon

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello how is baby Dory doing? I hope everything is coming along with what's going on for you.
Baby Dory is still doing well but I did have to start her on copper, my other remaining fish are in a qt right next to her tank and unfortunately I've found they do have velvet. Everybody is in copper now and doing well so far. I should be able to start updating a little more regularly now, I'm still dealing with the other stuff but things are going much better now. Thank you for checking in on us!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much everyone! Baby Dory is still doing great today, she has not shown signs of velvet but the tank I know had velvet is only a few inches away. She's eating, swimming, and growing like crazy

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When can she be free of the QT prison?
At this point I'm not sure yet, she still has a while to go in copper and I'm going to need to be sure that velvet didn't get into her new tank. I'll probably add a couple black mollies to the tank to be sure

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to share a quick update, the copper treatment is going well and everyone is looking healthy so far. My family issues are also being resolved and things are looking up so it's a win win at this point. Thank you to everyone who is still following along!

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to share a quick update, the copper treatment is going well and everyone is looking healthy so far. My family issues are also being resolved and things are looking up so it's a win win at this point. Thank you to everyone who is still following along!
Yay.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back