Baby Dory's new home

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I'm far enough along now to start a build thread. Thanks to everyone's generosity here this is the progress I've made on the new 120. There's still a lot more to do, I'll keep the thread updated
@ckalupa @tdlawdo @Dolelo96 @JBKReef @Robb1414 @Seadoc @Mastiffsrule @SDK @Cohibaman @scriptmonkey @seaplane @RtomKinMad @BestMomEver @bluprntguy @ngoodermuth @Frtdrmrose7 @MombasaLionfish

20190616_144107.jpg

20190616_154417.jpg

20190622_164434.jpg

20190622_171641.jpg

20190622_215730.jpg

20190623_194740.jpg

20190628_222611.jpg

20190629_144620.jpg

20190630_184803.jpg

20190630_184803.jpg

20190630_191756.jpg

20190630_193415.jpg
Awesome .. This gives me some great ideas. You should be proud that you have the skills. Most people can't tie their own shoes. You have done a Great Job.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome .. This gives me some great ideas. You should be proud that you have the skills. Most people can't tie their own shoes. You have done a Great Job.
Thank you very much! I'm really happy with how it turned out

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers for healing and strength. Thank God they are alright.
Thank you very much, they are both doing better and have been moved to rehab facilities. Baby Dory is still doing great also, she's swimming around and getting fat :)

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry to hear about your parents! I’ve not been around for awhile (health issues) and was saddened to hear what happened. Prayers from my family to yours

Happy to see Baby Dory is doing so well, and has a buddy too:)

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry to hear about your parents! I’ve not been around for awhile (health issues) and was saddened to hear what happened. Prayers from my family to yours

Happy to see Baby Dory is doing so well, and has a buddy too:)
I really appreciate that. I hope you're doing better as well

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello any new updates? How are your parents? How’s baby Dory doing?
Hi there and sorry I took so long to get back to you! I do actually have quite a few updates, I've had a lot of things going on and haven't been on here much.

My parents are doing much better, my dad is pretty much back to normal and my mom was finally able to start walking again after some surgeries and 20 weeks in a wheel chair. They'll both have some lasting effects and my mom will need more surgery in the future but they're getting better every day and enjoying their independence again.

Another development, that I was not expecting, is that I am no longer married. I found that my (now ex) wife had other plans for her life after she finished school that did not include me. This began shortly before my parents were in their accident, these are the reasons that I have been mia for such a long time on the forum. My life has now taken a much different direction that has actually turned out to be a great thing for me. Both of my kids are with me and I have reconnected with someone I dated several years back, we have decided to make a new life together and I couldn't be happier. She also has two children so we came to the conclusion that we needed a larger home for the six of us. I have sold my house and my 120 is currently in storage as we're waiting for our new house to be built. I have set up my biocube for the time being in the house we're in for now and Joe at Fish World has been kind enough to baby sit Baby Dory and my other blue tang until the house is finished. They are both growing and happy in one of his 120's, I've been visiting them on the weekends whenever I can and they always swim up to the front to greet me when I'm there. The new home won't be finished until sometime in October but, when it is, I'll guess I'll have to start another build thread!

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there and sorry I took so long to get back to you! I do actually have quite a few updates, I've had a lot of things going on and haven't been on here much.

My parents are doing much better, my dad is pretty much back to normal and my mom was finally able to start walking again after some surgeries and 20 weeks in a wheel chair. They'll both have some lasting effects and my mom will need more surgery in the future but they're getting better every day and enjoying their independence again.

Another development, that I was not expecting, is that I am no longer married. I found that my (now ex) wife had other plans for her life after she finished school that did not include me. This began shortly before my parents were in their accident, these are the reasons that I have been mia for such a long time on the forum. My life has now taken a much different direction that has actually turned out to be a great thing for me. Both of my kids are with me and I have reconnected with someone I dated several years back, we have decided to make a new life together and I couldn't be happier. She also has two children so we came to the conclusion that we needed a larger home for the six of us. I have sold my house and my 120 is currently in storage as we're waiting for our new house to be built. I have set up my biocube for the time being in the house we're in for now and Joe at Fish World has been kind enough to baby sit Baby Dory and my other blue tang until the house is finished. They are both growing and happy in one of his 120's, I've been visiting them on the weekends whenever I can and they always swim up to the front to greet me when I'm there. The new home won't be finished until sometime in October but, when it is, I'll guess I'll have to start another build thread!
Sorry to hear of your roller coaster of events. Glad to hear your folks are better and that you are doing well post separation.
Waiting for the build!

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sooo happy for an update, glad your parents are doing better.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back