Baby i’m back. New tank build.

Swchase

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, long story short, we sold our house last June, lived in a camper for a year while the new house is built. Well, it’s done, we are in and getting settled down. When we moved I sold all my stuff and saved the money to start over. I learned a lot in the 3 years of reefing and now I’m going as big as the wife will allow.

I went back and fourth forever on tanks, between Waterbox and the Cade system, end of the day I bit the bullet and did the Cade 1500s2. The tank should be here Wednesday and I’ll post pics of everything as it goes in. Planning on building a hood and making things a little more custom. I just built a very primitive mixing station but it works and I have water waiting, ready to mix.

mill post pics as things develop.

image.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOOT! Welcome back!

OP
OP
Swchase

Swchase

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 7/27

So a buddy and I got this thing setup over the weekend. I will warn you in advance and i'm NOT bragging, but doing this with only 2 guys is a bear. I lift often, deadlift over 500 etc etc but holy crap this thing is heavy to move with 2 guys. I do have to give credit to the $27 Amazon suction cups I trusted my $4000 tank with haha...

Anyway, we got it up. More pics and updates to come.

Setup for now is:

2 G5 Radion xr30 blues
2 MP40s
Vectra M2 return pump
Apex
Red Sea 600 skimmer

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back