• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Baby Purple tang got stuck in powerhead

OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
To echo what @excell007 said; it is extremely rare for a fish to get caught in the intake of a pump without having some predisposing issue. The rapid breathing could be a sign of a deeper issue.

Edit: I see your new report that the fish is now breathing slowly - so that's a really good sign that there isn't some preexisting weakness that caused this....

Jay
Thank you, i didnt know if theyre start to breath slowly again its a good thing.
And as for preexisting weakness i have no clue then, he seems fine in quarantine for 2 weeks and eating well in my dt for a week so i cant really tell :(

OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Are they deep gasping or slow and relaxed?
Judging from looking at his gills, its seems like its slowly breathing. Not one breath at a time if that makes sense? But he still laid with his head facing down and tails up

Bleigh

The lich queen
View Badges
Reaction score
update on the purple tang, the baby tang did not make it, he was still breathing at 10p.m but at 2:00 a.m when i go checked on him, he is no longer breathing, RIP little fella. Thank you all for all the help!
So sad. I’m so sorry. I hate losing our babies.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Have you ever used a spoon, hose and rubber band together to remove algae?

• YES

Votes: 24 7.2%
  • NO

Votes: 165 49.3%
  • What the heck? (see the thread)

Votes: 146 43.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Tunze