Baby whelk or Nassarius snail?

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked around in my tank with my phone light in the middle of the night and saw this tiny guy crawling around. I’ve never seen my nassarius snails lay eggs and this guy looks different but he’s still really small. Any ID on him?

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I might move him to my sump for now.
Just try to get and some LR in the sump with sponge/s on it to can have some food, not to starve to death.
Please take and another shots under white and separate under blue light :)

OP
OP
The_Skrimp

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally found the snail again and moved it to my sump. It’s currently in the refugium where there’s more light and I was able to get a clearer video of it. It’s still very small. I’d say about a quarter to a half inch long.

Attachments

• IMG_1877.MOV
    46.2 MB

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally found the snail again and moved it to my sump. It’s currently in the refugium where there’s more light and I was able to get a clearer video of it. It’s still very small. I’d say about a quarter to a half inch long.
good video, but after watching it on slower mode, I can't see completely do it have separate mouth or the siphoning tube is actually proboscis (which is the mouth on the whelks to cut off flesh and to can kill another animals) or is just siphoning tube.
Sorry, if you catch video where is on the front glass probably will be able to see properly, but the quality of the video is good.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back