OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Nice. makes it easier to sanitize. I remember you had 7 mags in a large tank before with some other carpet nems. Are they still around?
I unfortunately had to take down all my tanks and sell all my anemones:( I am finally able to do it again so I have to start that up again I do have a tank with a few species in it tho now

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s too bad. But I’m sure it will be so awesome this time around. Even better because you don’t know what color those bleached mags will turn into.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys and me too so far they are starting to inflate I’ll post pics tonight they are unfortunately bleached. I will have to attempt to implant healthy tentacles from other magnificas in the mouths of the bleached ones to hopefully get them recolonized ‍♂
What I don’t get it never heard of this

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I don’t get it never heard of this
People have attempted a "zooxanthellae transplant" where they feed tentacles from a healthy anemone to one that is bleached in hopes that it jump starts the zoox population. I think the jury is still out on whether or not it works.

IME if there is a healthy anemone present in the tank, that's enough to "seed" a bleached anemone (of the same species).

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have attempted a "zooxanthellae transplant" where they feed tentacles from a healthy anemone to one that is bleached in hopes that it jump starts the zoox population. I think the jury is still out on whether or not it works.

IME if there is a healthy anemone present in the tank, that's enough to "seed" a bleached anemone (of the same species).
Oh ok for a jump start. Cause I would say it would do it on its own over time.

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

I was thinking the same thing one of the bleached anemones has made its way closer to a healthy mag I’m hoping it will share some of its zoos

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Now they just have to color up they have all accepted food and pooped

image.jpg

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I find the ones from SRI Lanka seem to come in bleach.
Maybe it’s the way they ship them? every time I get anemones from SRi always air in the bags no matter how many time I ask to ship the anemones with no air :( but I’ve had gigantea even come in From Bali not needing treatment if there’s no air in the shipment bags I think it’s less stress on the sea anemones

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Getting some pink back to the tentacles all the anemones survived cipro and sulfa so far 3 weeks out of treatment. I feed every day a piece of jumbo shrimp the size of the mouth:)

54E7D131-F4A8-4096-90C9-6A5883936468.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back