OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
wow. i want that blue haddoni
He’s a monster gotta be at least 2ft when expanded he will be going in a deep bed tank after the QT with the magnificas :) sometimes when I get nems in that don’t need treatment I’ll QT them in different species anemone tank as I’m sure a lot people who do the anemones now know infection isn’t cross species :)

image.jpg

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol mine went into power head last week ( through the sleeve. I now have nemprotect plus sleeve over nem protect

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP 10, and then slap this on, and then I slapped a MP40 size sleeve. I can sleep again. I was getting anxiety when my mags moved at night lol
Screenshot_20200717-063751_Chrome.jpg

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice how they waited for the anemones to bleach before cutting them? I wonder if they found that bleached anemones recover quicker or have a better success rate.

@Nemguy123 would you ever cut one of your bleached magnifica? I'm not encouraging it, just curious to know if you have considered it. Not knowing if it's a morph that splits on its own would be a big factor for me.

Not that it’s the same as dividing them of course, but I’ve cut off large pieces of the disc on my Mag in my SPS tank. Every time it starts just getting too large and it close to touching acros I use a fillet knife and slice off 6” or so. I’ve done it 3 times so far. The nem never even deflates. It seals up the wound sighing a couple days and new tentacles can be seen growing within a week. This mag was one that self divided in the past. It actually used to have kind of a lopsided growth and the cutting has made it more symmetrical.

CC48E51B-5489-4D12-8736-9B9C6D65D83B.png

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Not that it’s the same as dividing them of course, but I’ve cut off large pieces of the disc on my Mag in my SPS tank. Every time it starts just getting too large and it close to touching acros I use a fillet knife and slice off 6” or so. I’ve done it 3 times so far. The nem never even deflates. It seals up the wound sighing a couple days and new tentacles can be seen growing within a week. This mag was one that self divided in the past. It actually used to have kind of a lopsided growth and the cutting has made it more symmetrical.

CC48E51B-5489-4D12-8736-9B9C6D65D83B.png
Yeah cutting mags has definitely been done a lot! They seem to heal very fast when under the right conditions it’s the initial shipment from the collectors and the wholesalers that does them dirty. I’ve had a magnifica get shredded by the power head and all I did was turn it off. The Nem crawled out on its own god for a month and came out fully healed was very cool. I will be attempting to propagate the magnificas I have when my system is up and going :)

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had both gigs and mags get shredded by Gyres and MP40s. All of them healed quickly. I told a buddy of mine that they just get haircuts from time to time.

As long as the foot or mouth aren't damaged, I never worry about injured anemones.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a search for this:
NemProtect Pump Guard Pair for Maxspect Gyre XF330

Still nothing for my tunze. I went from vortech back to tunze for reliability. Guess I'll just have to keep finding anemones in my powerheads. haha

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a search for this:

Still nothing for my tunze. I went from vortech back to tunze for reliability. Guess I'll just have to keep finding anemones in my powerheads. haha
What was unreliable for u?

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 4 units and the dry sides got very noisy over time and hot. The motor bearings had to be replaced and I was out of warranty. This was gen 1 and 2 before the quiet drives got released.

Tunze for over 10 years and still no issues at all. But I'm that type of person who likes to buy once and not upgrade to the latest fad.

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Do a search for this:

Wow wow thank you and I find the max spect creates this cool flow that keep all the magnificas happy even on a low power mode the carpets love it too I used to have 3 mp40s now just one maxspect so worth it :)

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow wow thank you and I find the max spect creates this cool flow that keep all the magnificas happy even on a low power mode the carpets love it too I used to have 3 mp40s now just one maxspect so worth it :)
Now you make me wanna try one :)

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard if you take the guards off completely it improves the probability of survival. The argument is that the anemone doesn’t get stuck on the guard and slowly get shredded. Instead the anemone gets a couple good bats by the impeller and blown away. I guess better a couple cuts than a slow shredding.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back