Back in the game - dual water ULM with a fishroom

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man - i'm about to buy the same sump but wanted to ask if you think a 1.5" drain pipe would fit? I see screws on the drain pipe that goes into the sump - can this be removed?

OP
OP
MaxFlow

MaxFlow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be
ok. The whole intake section can be removed. I took couple of pictures for you. Hope it helps.
IMG_20200322_204355985.jpg
IMG_20200322_204422056.jpg

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Max - I impulsively purchased the same sump last night and probably should have asked you more questions and your experience.

do you mind taking some pictures or a video of the sump? All of the videos I found on YouTube are straight trash. You figure trigger would post a demo or something of a $1100 sump operating on a tank or something.

OP
OP
MaxFlow

MaxFlow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting close. Fishroom is all painted and I also punched holes in the wall to run WC pipes to the backyard, where my mixing station is.

Installing an emergency drain was a bit of a challenge. My plan was to go straight through an exterior wall, at the floor level. All drains I could find are meant for floor installation. 3D printer came useful again. I made a custom one

1585602868120.png

Drizzieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a question since you have the same sump I’ve looked all over.....my roller doesn’t seem to be rolling automatically but will manually....did you happen to have this issue at all? Float switches are all in proper areas as well so the redundancy is correct but for whatever reason it doesn’t seem to be automatically rolling and i hâte having to manually push and hold and wait 3/4 times a day for the dang fleece to roll lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
MaxFlow

MaxFlow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much change since the last shot. Have been doing a mock-up of the pipework with some cheap sh200 pipes and also installed the cabinets. Will take a photo once the controllers are installed.

MrBucket101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest (Oct-15-2020)
Getting there. Installing control system this weekend :)
Untitled.png
What software are you using to render your equipment and fish room?

I've been trying to use AutoDesk fusion 360 and it's a struggle. Yours looks so good!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back