OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone experienced not being able to fit new bulkheads in your old glass holes? The new ones I got look a hair bigger and do not fit, for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6480.jpeg
    IMG_6480.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6479.jpeg
    IMG_6479.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I don’t find some other ones, I’m going to have to try to sand those?

Attachments

• IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 26

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The bulkhead not fitting is interesting.
I'm guessing they are 1.5 in bulkheads and the tank manufacturer probably used a 60 mm hole saw instead of a 65mm. You can find bulkheads that will fit the slightly smaller hole but it's sort of a crap shoot.

OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update/question.

Update: I finished a long cycle(didn’t have my heater in there in the winter), added a kessil fuge light with some macro algae. Also threw in (4) clowns, a yt, and a pt. I must have not fed them enough and I didn’t have nori clips…the yt didn’t make it, autopsy showed several stab wounds to the torso.
Added a few frags of zoas, a toadstool, and a Duncan, more of a test than anything, it’s been so long and I still don’t see coralline algae. They all look fine.

Question:
What’s better? My old bubble king 250 with a new pump? Old one isn’t working and is too tall to fit under the roller mat. I could put the roller mat in the second chamber, replace the bk impeller, but that’s not ideal for obvious reasons.
I’m thinking either replace the pump w a varios DC or something small enough to fit under the roller mat in the first chamber, if I can’t make it fit w a DC pump, I will try to control w a ball valve on a smaller AC pump that fits.
OR
Just get a new skimmer. I like the big aqua max, the reef octopus 10” or 12”, and I’m open to others. I see bells and whistles on the new skimmer but I remember shaving cream foam on my bubble king. However, I have no idea who trusts what these days…

I was talking it over with the Foolish Wizard and he said to ask the forums for their wisdom.
I apologize for taking so long for an update and when I come, I come bearing questions

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpeg
    IMG_0464.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
B

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I caught the purple tang. He’s about 3” and beautiful color, I think my lfs will be glad to give me credit.

-I added another yellow tang, a white tail bristle tooth tang, and female swallowtail angelfish…I ordered them all from Dr. Reef, very happy with them.

-Looking back, I think I fed them poorly, I think had I not done that, I’d still have my original pt and yt living well together.

-I went with the Reef Octopus 10” skimmer. I’m very happy with it.

IMG_1049.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back