Back in the hobby after almost a decade out. Building a red sea max 130d.

dlaird76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice updates. Don't you think your phosphate is already high enough though? Agree nitrates could maybe be a touch higher but I wouldn't go chasing numbers if the tank is happy.

OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice updates. Don't you think your phosphate is already high enough though? Agree nitrates could maybe be a touch higher but I wouldn't go chasing numbers if the tank is happy.
Currently nitrate is sitting at 11ppm for now. I'm not doing anything about phosphate ATM since I don't have a reliable test kit for it ATM, i just get the lfs to test it once in awhile. I think my next purchase will probably be a hanna ulr phosphaye kit when i get around to it. I'm not worrying about it for now, just doing water changes and feeding. Everything is looking good atm I'm in no hurry to make any changes. One thing at a time.

OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low tide in the tank. Dropped the water level to zap a xpuple of hair algae spots.

Attachments

• 20231107_185432.jpg
    20231107_185432.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe the tank comming you on a year. I feel like it's finally starting to hit its stride. I finally had to trim my pollicopora because it was starting to shade a neighbor and might need to trim the red cap soon too. I added a some new sticks today and have added a couple new fish recently as well. I wish I had more time to spend on the tank but this time of year I work too much to do more than 1 or 2 small things in the evening, so there's always a list of stuff I need to get to. A couple aiptasia to zap, or the algae I need to clean off the powerhead or the sides that need to get razored, etc. Which is fine little tank tinkering and a beer is how I like to unwind after work if I have time.

Latest test results

Alk: 9.4
Ca: 450
Mag: 1400
NO3: 10.4
Salinity 1.026

I just ordered a phoaphate checker so I'll start tracking that soon.

Current fish list:
2 onyx Picasso percs
Yellow watchman pistol pair
Purple firefish
Springerii damsel
Priolepsis goby
Royal gramma
Smiths blenny
20231116_200702.jpg

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great! You still make the trek up to Wilmington often? I just picked up my first frags from Coastal Reef and already feel the need to try to control myself ha.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great! You still make the trek up to Wilmington often? I just picked up my first frags from Coastal Reef and already feel the need to try to control myself ha.
There are support groups for your illness, the first step is admitting you have a problem!

OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, we were there about a week ago and picked up a few frags. It's for sure an addictive hobby. If you find yourself in the myrtle Beach area let me know and ive got a few frags you can have to help get you started.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back