BACK in the TANK !!! NEW in the SALT

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - it's a super exciting day for me. I just clicked the "buy now" button on a brand new Fusion Pro 2 | 50 AIO Lagoon Aquarium w∕ APS Stand - Black from Innovative Marine! I have been dreaming of a saltwater tank for many years and have just been to scared to pull the trigger ... well, that all changed today and I couldn't be happier. I owned a Freshwater tank about 15 years ago but the tank failed and I never got back into it. I've always missed it and have always seemed to have an excuse why I can't get a new tank but in today's world it's time to have fun and ENJOY!

Here is where I am still a bit worried ... the IM tank I purchased above is all I've purchased lol. SO I NEED YOU HELP IF WILLING ...
The tank comes will all sorts of features and is listed as an AIO however I know I will need lighting and a heater for sure. I'm wanting to so a small reef with my saltwater fish and to be honest I really don't know what I'm doing but I'm really excited to learn. I've read all sorts of reviews and discussions on here that this was a great tank especially for beginning reefers but I'm pretty much at the start of this new adventure.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me into the tank and I can't wait for this underwater world to begin. Beez
Below is what the new tank comes with ...
Filtration:
  • Built-in Acrylic Overflow Wall
  • Integrated Emergency Overflow
  • (1) - Removable 200 Micron Filter Sock
  • (1) - Midsize CustomCaddy Media Basket w/ PurityPack Filter Media (2 – Mechanical Fiberballs, 2- Premium 0.8 ROX Carbon Packs, 2 – High Capacity Coarse GFO Packs)
  • (1) - MightyJet 22W/24V 538 GPH DC Return Pump w/ Controller
  • Includes: Flexible Hose, Return Elbows and Dual Directional Flow Nozzles
50 APS Stand:
  • Stand DIMS: Length 30.12” Width: 23.75” Height: 35.81”
  • Interior DIMS: Length 26.87” Width: 19.31” Height: 33.75”
  • Modular
  • Includes pre-cut Closed Cell PVC Foam boards
  • Includes Shelf Board
  • Spacious interior for sumps

In answer to your question.... You will need a decent light. You don't need to go "High End", but I would avoid the bargain basement black boxes. Something with more than an on-off button and 2 channels. I like the SmartFarm light I use on my 32g.

For a heater, No need to spend big here at all. One thing I prefer is a digital setting over the standard dial on the top.

I would get at least a dozen extra filter socks if you plan to use socks. Alternatively, a filter cup with disposable floss is an option. I find that having plenty of clean socks on hand means that I change them often. Toss them in the washing machine on hot with no soap when I run low and Bob's your uncle.

Welcome to the Dark Side....

Welcome.jpg

OP
OP
Beez

Beez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are well on your way!! CONGRATS!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
This is great - thanks so much. These are the tips I’m looking for … thank you

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - it's a super exciting day for me. I just clicked the "buy now" button on a brand new Fusion Pro 2 | 50 AIO Lagoon Aquarium w∕ APS Stand - Black from Innovative Marine! I have been dreaming of a saltwater tank for many years and have just been to scared to pull the trigger ... well, that all changed today and I couldn't be happier. I owned a Freshwater tank about 15 years ago but the tank failed and I never got back into it. I've always missed it and have always seemed to have an excuse why I can't get a new tank but in today's world it's time to have fun and ENJOY!

Here is where I am still a bit worried ... the IM tank I purchased above is all I've purchased lol. SO I NEED YOU HELP IF WILLING ...
The tank comes will all sorts of features and is listed as an AIO however I know I will need lighting and a heater for sure. I'm wanting to so a small reef with my saltwater fish and to be honest I really don't know what I'm doing but I'm really excited to learn. I've read all sorts of reviews and discussions on here that this was a great tank especially for beginning reefers but I'm pretty much at the start of this new adventure.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me into the tank and I can't wait for this underwater world to begin. Beez
Filtration:
  • (1) - Midsize CustomCaddy Media Basket w/ PurityPack Filter Media (2 – Mechanical Fiberballs, 2- Premium 0.8 ROX Carbon Packs, 2 – High Capacity Coarse GFO Packs)
50 APS Stand:
  • Modular
  • Includes Shelf Board
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I like your enthusiasm!

This is a great place to learn. Sometimes you can be overwhelmed with information. Take the time to sift through it and you will likely find solutions that will keep you on track. You are already a step ahead of most newbies because you found R2R before you set the tank up and before you have encountered problems, not after.

Good luck.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Filtration:
50 APS Stand:
  • Modular
  • Includes Shelf Board
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Filtration:
50 APS Stand:
  • Modular
  • Includes Shelf Board

Attachments

• Welcome Bitmoji.png
    Welcome Bitmoji.png
    57 KB · Views: 31

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back