2500 Club Member
- Review score
- +0 /0 /-0
Partner member 2022
SF Bay ReeferBuild Thread Contributor
Hey everyone - it's a super exciting day for me. I just clicked the "buy now" button on a brand new Fusion Pro 2 | 50 AIO Lagoon Aquarium w∕ APS Stand - Black from Innovative Marine! I have been dreaming of a saltwater tank for many years and have just been to scared to pull the trigger ... well, that all changed today and I couldn't be happier. I owned a Freshwater tank about 15 years ago but the tank failed and I never got back into it. I've always missed it and have always seemed to have an excuse why I can't get a new tank but in today's world it's time to have fun and ENJOY!
Here is where I am still a bit worried ... the IM tank I purchased above is all I've purchased lol. SO I NEED YOU HELP IF WILLING ...
The tank comes will all sorts of features and is listed as an AIO however I know I will need lighting and a heater for sure. I'm wanting to so a small reef with my saltwater fish and to be honest I really don't know what I'm doing but I'm really excited to learn. I've read all sorts of reviews and discussions on here that this was a great tank especially for beginning reefers but I'm pretty much at the start of this new adventure.
Anyway, thanks for welcoming me into the tank and I can't wait for this underwater world to begin. Beez
Below is what the new tank comes with ...
50 APS Stand:
- Built-in Acrylic Overflow Wall
- Integrated Emergency Overflow
- (1) - Removable 200 Micron Filter Sock
- (1) - Midsize CustomCaddy Media Basket w/ PurityPack Filter Media (2 – Mechanical Fiberballs, 2- Premium 0.8 ROX Carbon Packs, 2 – High Capacity Coarse GFO Packs)
- (1) - MightyJet 22W/24V 538 GPH DC Return Pump w/ Controller
- Includes: Flexible Hose, Return Elbows and Dual Directional Flow Nozzles
- Stand DIMS: Length 30.12” Width: 23.75” Height: 35.81”
- Interior DIMS: Length 26.87” Width: 19.31” Height: 33.75”
- Includes pre-cut Closed Cell PVC Foam boards
- Includes Shelf Board
- Spacious interior for sumps
In answer to your question.... You will need a decent light. You don't need to go "High End", but I would avoid the bargain basement black boxes. Something with more than an on-off button and 2 channels. I like the SmartFarm light I use on my 32g.
For a heater, No need to spend big here at all. One thing I prefer is a digital setting over the standard dial on the top.
I would get at least a dozen extra filter socks if you plan to use socks. Alternatively, a filter cup with disposable floss is an option. I find that having plenty of clean socks on hand means that I change them often. Toss them in the washing machine on hot with no soap when I run low and Bob's your uncle.
Welcome to the Dark Side....