Back to the Hobby. New to the Forums - Tank Build.

Circa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey folks names Josh - Most call me Circa on the internet world. I live in Connecticut, self employed. I used to be big in the reef work fell out of the hobby after i sold my 120 gallon reef. BUT with renewed passion I'm back and I'm going in pretty deep right off the bat.

Firstly lets talk about what I've got on the way.

- Waterbox Peninsula 4820 tank.
- 2 AI Hydra 32's
- 2 AI Nero 5's
- XP Aqua Ultimate ATO
- Nyos TORQ Dock and Nyos TORQ 0.75
- Vectra S2 DC return pump.
- I havent purchased a skimmer yet as I currently have a HOB Reef Octopus 2000.

In any event I plan to do sand with base rock, going to take a shot at custom aqua scaping much like what you may have seen with BRS using mortar and base rock. Want to design something really neat looking will definitely post some pictures of that whenever i take a crack at it.

If you have any suggestions input or ideas, things that will assist in making life easy with this future reef let me know.
Side note I do intend to go SPS heavy. So the sand may be a starter hybrid method where i slowly remove it over the course of the first year.

As soon as things arrive Ill let you know.
For now its a 40 gallon breeder quarantine with some fish and the waiting process.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey folks names Josh - Most call me Circa on the internet world. I live in Connecticut, self employed. I used to be big in the reef work fell out of the hobby after i sold my 120 gallon reef. BUT with renewed passion I'm back and I'm going in pretty deep right off the bat.

- 2 AI Hydra 32's
- 2 AI Nero 5's
- XP Aqua Ultimate ATO

In any event I plan to do sand with base rock, going to take a shot at custom aqua scaping much like what you may have seen with BRS using mortar and base rock. Want to design something really neat looking will definitely post some pictures of that whenever i take a crack at it.

If you have any suggestions input or ideas, things that will assist in making life easy with this future reef let me know.
Side note I do intend to go SPS heavy. So the sand may be a starter hybrid method where i slowly remove it over the course of the first year.

For now its a 40 gallon breeder quarantine with some fish and the waiting process.
Welcome back to the hobby circa.
Sounds like you are no spring chicken to reefing
Keep sharing your progress

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

- 2 AI Hydra 32's
- 2 AI Nero 5's
- XP Aqua Ultimate ATO

Welcome and Welcome Back to Hobby!

Glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? Feel like you already have everything in this post to get started - just need to move it over (and we all love to look at photos... but not required... but we'd like photos (giggle)). I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Back