Back to the Hobby. New to the Forums - Tank Build.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome back beer GIF by Outback Steakhouse

Fishinabarrel

sCiEncE wILl Win
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the reef world!
Do start a build thread and get the little icon like some of us have under our names.
Makes it easy to find the thread as you build.
And start now. We all like to see hardware and empty tanks to see the "before" !!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey folks names Josh - Most call me Circa on the internet world. I live in Connecticut, self employed. I used to be big in the reef work fell out of the hobby after i sold my 120 gallon reef. BUT with renewed passion I'm back and I'm going in pretty deep right off the bat.

Firstly lets talk about what I've got on the way.

- Waterbox Peninsula 4820 tank.
- 2 AI Hydra 32's
- 2 AI Nero 5's
- XP Aqua Ultimate ATO
- Nyos TORQ Dock and Nyos TORQ 0.75
- Vectra S2 DC return pump.
- I havent purchased a skimmer yet as I currently have a HOB Reef Octopus 2000.

In any event I plan to do sand with base rock, going to take a shot at custom aqua scaping much like what you may have seen with BRS using mortar and base rock. Want to design something really neat looking will definitely post some pictures of that whenever i take a crack at it.

If you have any suggestions input or ideas, things that will assist in making life easy with this future reef let me know.
Side note I do intend to go SPS heavy. So the sand may be a starter hybrid method where i slowly remove it over the course of the first year.

As soon as things arrive Ill let you know.
For now its a 40 gallon breeder quarantine with some fish and the waiting process.
Welcome to R2R!!! Looks like an interesting build. Can’t wait to see your build tread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey folks names Josh - Most call me Circa on the internet world. I live in Connecticut, self employed. I used to be big in the reef work fell out of the hobby after i sold my 120 gallon reef. BUT with renewed passion I'm back and I'm going in pretty deep right off the bat.

Firstly lets talk about what I've got on the way.

- Waterbox Peninsula 4820 tank.
- 2 AI Hydra 32's
- 2 AI Nero 5's
- XP Aqua Ultimate ATO
- Nyos TORQ Dock and Nyos TORQ 0.75
- Vectra S2 DC return pump.
- I havent purchased a skimmer yet as I currently have a HOB Reef Octopus 2000.

In any event I plan to do sand with base rock, going to take a shot at custom aqua scaping much like what you may have seen with BRS using mortar and base rock. Want to design something really neat looking will definitely post some pictures of that whenever i take a crack at it.

If you have any suggestions input or ideas, things that will assist in making life easy with this future reef let me know.
Side note I do intend to go SPS heavy. So the sand may be a starter hybrid method where i slowly remove it over the course of the first year.

As soon as things arrive Ill let you know.
For now its a 40 gallon breeder quarantine with some fish and the waiting process.
Welcome!!!

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank arrived yesterday!!!

Here we goo!!

Thank you to everyone so much for all the welcoming messages and being such a warm community. Stoked to be here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back