Back to the Nano. My SPS dominant 22 gallon Fiji Cube (some LPS)

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew corals in my 5 Gallon all-in-one with the 30 watt Nicrew. I prefer my Noopsyche lights and that is what I run on my saltwater. I still use the Nicrew on my freshwater 5 gallon.
What do you keep in the 5 Tim? Shrimp? A few tetras or rasboras?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What do you keep in the 5 Tim? Shrimp? A few tetras or rasboras?
I had shrimp, endless, and a Betta. Betta ate the shrimp and killed all but 1 Endler, but she died Tuesday night. Rethinking now. Probably going to do some shrimp and maybe Ember Tetras.

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how does the mount on it work? How flexible or portable?

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how does the mount on it work? How flexible or portable?
Once again, don’t know. Everything is brand new unopened. Mount is specific for the light

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had shrimp, endless, and a Betta. Betta ate the shrimp and killed all but 1 Endler, but she died Tuesday night. Rethinking now. Probably going to do some shrimp and maybe Ember Tetras.
Embers a pretty little things. Another pretty small one is Galaxia Rasbora

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang pretty much giving that xr15 away, that's a great deal for anyone looking! I love my two xr15s. Steve always lookin out for other reefers!
Hey there. How‘re you doing? Scare us all there.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey there. How‘re you doing? Scare us all there.

Doing better, healing slowly. Just glad it wasn't worse. 2nd degree burns are no fun, especially on the face! Haha. But it'll be OK, I'm still waking up breathing each day, and that means it's a good day!

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing better, healing slowly. Just glad it wasn't worse. 2nd degree burns are no fun, especially on the face! Haha. But it'll be OK, I'm still waking up breathing each day, and that means it's a good day!
Glad to hear. I know what you mean for the hurtin. On my last day working at McDonalds years ago , the fryolator spat a large amount of hot grease on my hand. Second degree burns, almost third. Still have light trace scarring there.

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again, don’t know. Everything is brand new unopened. Mount is specific for the light
ok, srry my bad. I didnt get any notifs for this. Wanna talk later on in the week? Im interested in the light. I just need some time for my wallet to heal

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, srry my bad. I didnt get any notifs for this. Wanna talk later on in the week? Im interested in the light. I just need some time for my wallet to heal
Sure. Just pm me

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My Nicrew wouldn't grow harder corals.
Really? I have a couple and they seem to do just fine. Plus, a friend of mine farms with them and that includes torches, acro, etc. They seem to work well for him.

Also, my Houston club has three top of the line Apogee PAR meters that our supporting members can borrow for free, and I manage the north side meter. So, I always test new lights which I buy periodically to check out. Those Nicrew have insanely even and wide light distribution.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really? I have a couple and they seem to do just fine. Plus, a friend of mine farms with them and that includes torches, acro, etc. They seem to work well for him.

Also, my Houston club has three top of the line Apogee PAR meters that our supporting members can borrow for free, and I manage the north side meter. So, I always test new lights which I buy periodically to check out. Those Nicrew have insanely even and wide light distribution.
Which one? I guess it could have been the older version Nicrew? I never tested PAR but I was only running a 30 watt, full blue and 1 button click on the white/red/green so 10-15%? It grew Leptos, GSP, and Stylophoras. Monti Caps grew for a while and then turned black and died.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back