Bacterial infection

Danny N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a case of Ich appear in my display tank and some of the fish came down with a bacterial infection. I’ve pulled the fish and treated in qt, but wonder about that harmful bacteria still in the display tank. After my 76 day fallow period, will that bad bacteria still be in the tank to reinfect the fish, or should I not be concerned with it as long as my fish stay healthy?
Is there something I should do to the tank to eliminate this bad bacteria?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a case of Ich appear in my display tank and some of the fish came down with a bacterial infection. I’ve pulled the fish and treated in qt, but wonder about that harmful bacteria still in the display tank. After my 76 day fallow period, will that bad bacteria still be in the tank to reinfect the fish, or should I not be concerned with it as long as my fish stay healthy?
Is there something I should do to the tank to eliminate this bad bacteria?
Once you ran your ich treatment on your fish and your tank has been fallow for 76 days you should be just fine as the fishes immune system will be back up to par and if the bacteria does still exists they should be able to fight off the infection. It would be the same if you were putting them in quarantine specifically to treat for a bacterial infection you would put them in the quarantine tank, treat them, once they were cured put them back in the display tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back