Bad bat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought my alkalinity Hanna Checker 2 weeks ago and I've used it maybe four times. Now it says bad bat. Took the battery out tested it, it's 1.57 volts.
I put a brand new battery in it. Still doesn't work, bad bat.

Got to tell you, I'm not really impressed with these Hanna checkers. This is my first one and bottom cover was real hard to come off the first time, it's just a pain in the butt. Are they all like this cuz I'm thinking I might not want another one.
The bottom cover is kind of flimsy and that's where you plug in the electronics in the battery. Are these prone to break at this point? Is there something else I can try to fix this?

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of the Hanna Alk checker. In my experience, the reagent degrades over time and you get incorrect readings. When ever I'd open a new bottle, my Alk would be much higher. It took a few times to realize what was wrong.

I use the Salifert Alk kit and it takes just as long to do a test and I trust it. (I do like the Hanna HR Nitrate and ULR Phosphate checkers.)

OP
OP
Dburr1014

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of the Hanna Alk checker. In my experience, the reagent degrades over time and you get incorrect readings. When ever I'd open a new bottle, my Alk would be much higher. It took a few times to realize what was wrong.

I use the Salifert Alk kit and it takes just as long to do a test and I trust it. (I do like the Hanna HR Nitrate and ULR Phosphate checkers.)
Thanks. Think I read a thread that Lasse started about refrigerating them to prolong life.
I was going to replace all my testing with checkers cuz I've heard good reviews of them. But actually picking it up and feeling and using..... Not so sure anymore. They are fast and feel they are accurate but feel flimsy and the bottom cover is clumsy.
They should of had just a door battery and not need to take the whole cover off.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back