Bad experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ordered 2 fish last week, Sharknose Goby and a purple firefish, not expensive fish, but going to be my first fish to go into QT for my new tank. They shipped out last night. First one to arrive by noon was the sharknose goby, dead in the bag, ice pack was melted. The other one shows on the tracking that its still in Memphis, I'm in Louisiana and its supposed to arrive by end of day on a 90+ degree day... so needless to say if it does get here today which is extremely doubtful its not going to be alive.

I submitted the claim for the goby and they credited my account, which im sure they will for the firefish as well, but here's the thing, I paid $30 for shipping + 10$ box fee. So I'm out $40 and still dont have fish and this could very well happen again. Like I feel this is a scam...what the heck.

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello DWAIR,

If you order online a lot like me, the best way to have your fish or corals arrive to you "alive" is to locate your area FEDEX or UPS express air HUB and ask the shipper to ship to the hub and hold it there for you. You will have to come to the hub to pick up the package (a little inconvenience). By doing this the only time the box is exposed to the weather element is when the box leaves the airport to get to the hub but other than that it will sit in an AC building just waiting for you to pick up.

I live in Phoenix Arizona so the first few years I didn't know and just waited for the package to arrive. Two summer ago I order a Naoko fairy wrasse from LiveAquaria and it took them 4 tries to get one alive to me. The first 3 tries the fish was rotten in the bag because it was so hot in the delivery truck. After than I discovered that just have the shipper ships to the hub and you would be all right. But still ask the shipper to add heat pack if it is in the winter and cool pack if it is in the summer.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dwair Good morning. We are sorry to hear the Sharknose Goby did not survive during shipping and the second package was delayed. We package the specimen with enough water and oxygen should there be a delay. When the delayed package does arrive, please follow the Acclimation Guide and double the amount of time floating the bag, as the specimen may appear to have perished but will likely come around once the temperature is equalized. Please PM us with your order number/email so we may review and note order accordingly. We hope the Purple Firefish arrives in good health. Please keep us update on condition upon arrival. Thank you.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back