Badly scratched Whitetail Tang and antibiotics

rawbomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white tail and Achilles I just placed into my DT after about 45 days of QT. The whitetail was unexpectedly attacked by a much smaller kole tang that had been in the tank for about a month already. He scratched him up pretty good but after a few hours in the dark they arent fighting anymore so thats no longer a concern.

My question is I am heading out of town for 3 days starting tomorrow and wasn't sure if i should dose some ABX now just in case something comes up. He is still eating normal and none of the wounds look bad after 24hrs. Right now the DT is basically a reef only with live rock as my corals are still in my coral QT.

If so which ABX should i use? I have Ruby reef rally, kanaplex, metroplex, spectogram and furan-2

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby Reef Rally is very gentle and has both antibiotic and antiseptic qualities. Plus the manufacture claims it to be reef safe. I've always used it in a bath or a QT with very nice results.

OP
OP
R

rawbomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby would be easy to remove after and wouldn't mess up the bio filter?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby would be easy to remove after and wouldn't mess up the bio filter?
from their website: http://rubyreef.net/faqs/

"Kick-Ich and Rally were designed to be an effective yet safe treatment for fresh and saltwater fish to be USED DIRECTLY IN THE TANK to combat various parasitic, bacterial and fungal infections. Both Kick-Ich and Rally are REEF SAFE and contain NO copper or other harmful ingredients and will not harm corals,invertebrates or beneficial bacteria that is needed to maintain a healthy biofiltration."

"The water will turn a greenish yellow while treating with Rally. It is not harmful and will not stain. It will dissipate in a few days as Rally does it's job and biodegrades out of the tank on it's own."

OP
OP
R

rawbomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He didn't need it. He was healed up by day 2 and showed no negative effects. The rally has worked for me for other surface issues and is good stuff.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He didn't need it. He was healed up by day 2 and showed no negative effects. The rally has worked for me for other surface issues and is good stuff.
One nice thing about reef specimens is their metabolism and ability to heal

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from their website: http://rubyreef.net/faqs/

"Kick-Ich and Rally were designed to be an effective yet safe treatment for fresh and saltwater fish to be USED DIRECTLY IN THE TANK to combat various parasitic, bacterial and fungal infections. Both Kick-Ich and Rally are REEF SAFE and contain NO copper or other harmful ingredients and will not harm corals,invertebrates or beneficial bacteria that is needed to maintain a healthy biofiltration."

"The water will turn a greenish yellow while treating with Rally. It is not harmful and will not stain. It will dissipate in a few days as Rally does it's job and biodegrades out of the tank on it's own."

Yea, that Completely Freaked Me Out when I first used it! lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back