Baffled need help

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Powder Brown in QT and I am baffled and need help. I treat all Acanthus with Cupramine regardless of symptoms and typically do 2 rounds of prazi to be safe but this one has me stumped. I was sure there was flukes despite a FW dip not showing any but whatever is on this fish will not come off. The cloudy eyes go away when I medicate with prazi but only briefly, in fact they the eyes clear but get these bumps on them and he has them around his mouth and gills. I swear its flukes but FW dips and prazi won't make them let go. Any help is appreciated.

20201230_142922.jpg 20201230_142919.jpg 20201230_142917.jpg 20201230_142915.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures aren't really clear enough to make anything out (I know how tough it is to get good photos though).

You're correct in that Neobendenia flukes will cause a cloudy "cap" on the eyes, but a FW dip usually knocks them off and a day or so later the eyes return to normal (but of course, the flukes will come back if you don't treat the whole tank).

This could be excess mucus as a reaction to the copper treatment (but that is rare in my opinion). I just posted an article here on "fish mucus", you might want to give that a read....

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back