Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this will be my first build thread. I've always been envious of reading all of the great build threads here and on other sites. I've had a vision for upgrading for the past couple of years but wanted to put a LOT of thought and planning into it before "pulling the trigger".

The tank has been ordered and is being assembled by the guys at Miracles this week! :bigsmile:
I'm hoping for a delivery date before Christmas but we'll see. Let me start by saying that many will be quick to point out the costs of this upgrade. I have been very fortunate in my career and my wife and I are DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) so the tank (and traveling) are how we spend our discretionary income. I make no apologies but am well aware that a lot of the things I'm incorporating are luxuries and not necessities for a healthy reef tank.

That being said, here are the specs and details of the build.

Tank: Miracles in Glass - 72" x 33" x 24" 3-sided Starphire, 3/4" glass rimless peninsula style tank. Overflow will be internal - reasons to come later. Just over 246g.

Sump (plumbed in basement): 75g AGA - no baffles. 1 Tunze powerhead for circulation. Simple!

Skimmer: Royal Exclusiv Alpha Cone 300

Flow: Reeflo Hammerhead will power everything (reactors, main tank return, and frag tank)
2 Vortech MP60's (on overflow side of tank).

Lighting: 72" Sfiligoi Infinity XR6 (3 250W 20K Radiums) and 8 39W T5's

Ballasts: 3 Sfiligoi ACLS modules. These will allow me to dim the halides, program cloudy days, simulate a "true" sunrise and sunset, amongst many other incredible features.

Controller: Apex with Dimming Module for the T5's (everything will be dimmable!!!), and the new module that will control the Vortechs. I already own an ACIII so will be selling the head unit and keeping the DC8's that are backwards compatible.

Stand: In progress and being built by one of my good friends Andrew (aharrow here in R2R). I am participating but really only paying for the materials and trying to stay out of the way! :tongue: More to come on this. Should be very unique.

Frag Tank: Already up and running for 7 months now. 40" x 30" x 9" Glasscages rimless. Plumbed into main system. Lit by a 10 bulb 39w ATI Powermodule. In basement with rest of equipment.

Here is a mockup of the tank. It's not perfect but it's what I used initially to get a good visual of what I wanted:

NewTankModel.jpg

A few folks I would like to thank for their input and assistance in this build. I love R2R because I've been able to learn a lot from other users and sponsors. Many thanks to:

aharrow
Tim at Aquatics Elite (sponsor)
SunnyX (Pro Corals - Sponsor)
ianawane
agent462

More to come........stay tuned. :wink:

Last edited:

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow and i thought ur frag tank was impressive enough!

Cant wait to see how this tank turns out!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like its going to be an awesome system!

BTW-I dont think that your going overboard,unless there is more...LOL

Looks really good so far!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang this is going to be sweeeeeet!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! can't wait to see it come together. Sounds like its going to be awesome.

Well, hurry up! I said I couldn't wait. :bigsmile:Lol. But seriously, is it done yet?

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a nice one... I'll be interested to see how the stand and canopy turn out, as well as the rock structure!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a nice one... I'll be interested to see how the stand and canopy turn out, as well as the rock structure!

No canopy. The Sfiligoi will be hanging from the ceiling. I have a vision for the rock work and it will not be overwhelming. A few islands - SPS dominated with a few nice LPS on the sand. But there will be plenty of room for the fish to roam around. I'll post a mockup of the stand in a few minutes.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig i'm jealous! this tank is going to be sweet, can't wait to see it!! where are you getting your rock from?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back