Balancing Water Levels in Back Chamber

Belwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my 38G AIO yesterday and I'm having trouble balancing the water levels in the back chamber of my AIO. It's a Fuji Cube 38g Peninsula tank.

When the pump is off all of the back chambers have the same water level. As soon as I turn the pump on the water almost completely drains from the return chamber and pumps into the tank. After a few hours of running like this the water level stays near the bottom of the return chamber and the water cascades down creating a lot of noise. I've played with the pump to slow down the return as much as possible, but it doesn't really affect the water level in the chamber. I replaced the pump with a quieter and lower flow pump and got the same results. I could add more water, but I'm afraid that I'll just overflow the tank.

Am I missing something?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my 38G AIO yesterday and I'm having trouble balancing the water levels in the back chamber of my AIO. It's a Fuji Cube 38g Peninsula tank.

When the pump is off all of the back chambers have the same water level. As soon as I turn the pump on the water almost completely drains from the return chamber and pumps into the tank. After a few hours of running like this the water level stays near the bottom of the return chamber and the water cascades down creating a lot of noise. I've played with the pump to slow down the return as much as possible, but it doesn't really affect the water level in the chamber. I replaced the pump with a quieter and lower flow pump and got the same results. I could add more water, but I'm afraid that I'll just overflow the tank.

Am I missing something?
I would try to add more water. I always have a float valve at the last chamber that adds water as needed. When you get evaporation you’ll notice the water level in the return/pump section starts to drop.
If your worried about it over flowing then simply turn your pump off and notice the water line drops a small amount in your display as the back chamber fills up. For water to overflow these back chambers would need to be full before shutting the pump off.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back