Ball of chaeto with a side of aptasia, anyone?

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F0BB380A-2F9A-4F18-80F6-34490047E2AE.jpeg

Glad I caught before it went in the tank

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes jokes aside, until you guys rid of these in your aquariums we will be forever plagued by them? There's hundreds and thousands of people buying/swapping corals and eventually it will be in my aquriam.
Best to remove before taking a 'nice photo' .
:(

OP
OP
mbri

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could probably get away with cleaning off a few strands and just getting them to grow out instead of going thru the hassle of purchasing more.
I’ve considered this because with shipping it cost $60 :face-with-spiral-eyes:, but on the other hand, is losing $60 better than a potential aiptasia issue? Probably!

OP
OP
mbri

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes jokes aside, until you guys rid of these in your aquariums we will be forever plagued by them? There's hundreds and thousands of people buying/swapping corals and eventually it will be in my aquriam.
Best to remove before taking a 'nice photo' .
:(
Thankfully this was taken from the container it was shipped in, no plans to put it in my tank! I have a deep fear of any and all hitchhikers because when I was young, a mantis shrimp got into the tank via a piece of live rock, and it murdered some of my favorite fish before we were able to get it out :disappointed-face:

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully this was taken from the container it was shipped in, no plans to put it in my tank! I have a deep fear of any and all hitchhikers because when I was young, a mantis shrimp got into the tank via a piece of live rock, and it murdered some of my favorite fish before we were able to get it out :disappointed-face:
Yes but you fed it and wanted to keep lol
. That's what I would of done

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’ve considered this because with shipping it cost $60 :face-with-spiral-eyes:, but on the other hand, is losing $60 better than a potential aiptasia issue? Probably!
Yea aiptasia are definitely super nasty Think you would be fine if you inspect a few strands. Can definitely get it growing from Just a strip over a complete loss. 60 bucks is quite expensive

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back