Balling light from Fauna Marin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been asked to make a simple guide to the balling system so below is a step by step approach, you will see it is so simple

Here are the basics

First get 3 x 10 litres containers (you can use smaller ones and refill from there but you have to mix batches)

In first container
put 2 kilogram Calcium Chloride-Dihydrate into 5 litres of reverse-osmosis water

In second container
put 2 kilogram Magnesium Chloride-Hexahydrate in 5 liter reverse-osmosis water and
250 gram Magnesium Sulfate-Heptahydrate

In third container
put 500 gram sodium hydrogen carbonate in 5 liter reverse-osmosis water

It is also a good idea to get best benefits to dose stronitum complex and iodine and heavy metal complex Ultra trace B 1 2 3

Add the trace elements only in can 1 and 2

Add to container 1
(to the Calcium Chloride-Dihydrate) 25ml of the strontium-complex and 25ml of the heavy-metal-complex.

To container 2
(to the magnesium) you add 25ml of the Iodine-Fluorine Complex.

Now you can start dosing, start to check how much Solution you need to raise up one parameter So you start with 50 ml of Solution 1 calcium Check and the level 2 hours later Now you know how much 50 ml Sol 1 brings calcium in your tank and you can calculate the required dosing rate

The same you do with the MG part and dKH

After one week you will know how much your system depletes the calcium and other elements and you can adjust the dosing to suit. It really only take about 10 days of checking to get a perfectly balanced system.

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should note that I will likely stop bringing in the 4kg size salts as the 1kg packages are so much easier to ship. Fact is when purchased as a package the 1kg sizes work out to be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back